chapter 11

Y/N sat on the seat of the swing, half-heartedly swinging, a slight breeze ruffling through her hair. She sighed, looking into the distance as the sun set.

"May I join you?" A deep voice asked her.

She looked up, startled, only to find Nishimura Riki hovering over her. She looked down, hesitantly nodding. Ni-ki sat next to Y/N, glancing at her every few seconds, before he cleared his throat.

"I wanted to talk to you," He began the conversation.

"I have nothing to say to you," Y/N sighed, looking at him. "I figured you'd be with your girlfriend right now. Why are you talking to me?"

"I just wanted to ask how you've been.. I haven't seen you in awhile," Ni-ki frowned, looking at Y/N. "Is that too much to ask for?"

"To be honest, I've been having a hard time since you left. Like you said, I can't navigate life without you. I lost my way," Y/N teared up, staring at her lap. "But it seems to me that you're doing fine."

Ni-ki remained silent for a few moments, before he replied, "I had to do what was necessary to achieve my dream."

"Do you regret your decision?" Y/N asked him with a sad tone.

"I don't know," Ni-ki admitted. "But I regret hurting you."

"You should've said that a long time ago, Riki," She turned her gaze away from him. "Maybe it wouldn't have ended like this."

"I know," He sighed, exhaling out of his nose. "My actions caused a series of consequences."

"How have you been doing?" Y/N asked, not looking him in the eyes.

"I've been fine I guess." He replied while swinging his feet.

"I'm sorry for what I said," Y/N mumbled. "I got overwhelmed with emotions. It's been a long time since I last saw you, and it caused me to get emotional."

"I'm sorry too," Ni-ki frowned. "I said a lot of things I regret. You didn't deserve that."

"Y/N-yah! Where are you?" A familiar voice called. Y/N's brother.

"Oh, um.. I should get going now. It was nice seeing you again," Y/N said, finally making eye contact with the taller boy.

Ni-ki gave her a small smile, nodding, "Yeah. See you."

"Y/N! You don't go running off like that, Yeji-noona and I were worried sick," Sunghoon scolded the younger girl, slapping her arm playfully.

"Sorry, oppa, I had some catching up to do." Y/N smiled apologetically. Y/N looked back at the swingset, only to find that Ni-ki had already left.

Feeling a sense of relief, Y/N turned to look at her brother, who continued to scold her for the rest of the walk home.

"Y/N-ah, come here! I made your favorite meal since I know you miss Japan so much," Mrs. Park smiled, offering Y/N and the Park siblings dinner.

"Thank you, Mrs. Park," Y/N smiled politely, eating the meal with her siblings. The night ended with a lot of wonderful memories created, and Y/N was delighted that she was able to relate her memories to Sunghoon and Yeji.

Y/N settled on the mattress on the bedroom floor, eager and nervous to start dance practice tomorrow.

She was nervous to see Ni-ki again.