chapter 13

Y/N waited at the door, thinking about what she would say as soon as it opened.

A young woman opened the door, seeing Y/N in a cute bear onesie, "Ah, come in Y/N! Kazuha will be down in just a second."

Y/N walked inside and took a seat on the couch. She grabbed a piece of candy from the coffee table, unwrapping and eating it.

A few seconds later, Kazuha quickly ran down the stairs and went straight to Y/N. She immediately hugged her best friend in happiness. The two girls hadn't seen each other since Y/N had left for her trip to the US.

The hug was very warm and long. Along with it, there were a few tears of joy.

"Oh my goodness, Y/N, you look so fluffy I'm gonna die!" Kazuha exclaimed as the hug broke. They both wiped their own tears, laughing at their own antics.

"I missed you so much, Zuha! The states were amazing but it was so hard not seeing you and Riki for a while."

"I bet! It was so weird at school, Ni-ki and I literally ate at the table in silence."

"You two need to talk more! It'll be my mission for you two to get along so well, you both won't know what happened!" Y/N said excitedly. She badly wanted Kazuha and her boyfriend to get along.

"Y/N, you know that'll never happen, right? He's just someone that I don't know how to get along with." Kazuha reasoned with her best friend.

"He just needs to warm up to you, that's all." Y/N smiled.

"Okay girls, I made the popcorn! Let's start the movie!" Kazuha's mother said, grabbing the T.V remote and putting the popcorn on the coffee table for the two girls. They both settled in on the couch and began watching the movie.

The next day came by quickly and Y/N was practicing as best as she could in the dance room. That is, until Kazuha approached her. "Y/N, I really need to talk to you. Please." Kazuha begged, glancing at Ni-ki. He nodded in understanding.

"Why?" Y/N glanced at her, narrowing her eyes.

Kazuha roughly grabbed Y/N's wrist, whispering loudly in her ear so nobody was able to hear, "Because Ni-ki and I aren't dating!"

Y/N blinked in disbelief, detaching herself from Kazuha's grasp. "What? But-"

"Let me explain!" Kazuha whispered harshly.

"Ni-ki had to break up with you because his parents found out about you guys' relationship. I'm sure he's mentioned to you that his parents are strict," Kazuha frowned, watching Y/N. "His parents.. I was under his parents' company, and they figured they could pretend that Ni-ki and I were dating to better their public image."

"Ni-ki and I did sort of like each other, but he wanted to be with you, Y/N, but he couldn't because of his parents." Kazuha finished explaining, playing with her thumbs nervously as she awaited for Y/N's response.

"What..?" Y/N whispered in disbelief. "No, that's impossible! He said he wanted to chase his dream!"

"His parents wanted him to pursue dancing, but they thought you were holding him back. That's why he had to break up with you," Kazuha rubbed her arm, looking away from Y/N.

"You're lying to me, this has to be a sick joke, right?" Y/N stepped away from Kazuha, shaking her head.

"Why would I lie to you, Y/N? I'm telling you the truth! I can help you get back with Ni-ki again."

As soon as she said that Y/N made eye contact with Kazuha. Tears formed in her eyes out of disbelief. How could Ni-ki's parents do this to him? Everything that had happened in the past finally made sense to Y/N, all the pieces were coming together. It was never their fault, she had been blaming the wrong people.

"I'm so sorry, Kazuha." Y/N finally spoke, still trying to compose herself, forcing the tears not to stream down her face.

"It's okay Y/N, you had no idea how badly I've wanted to tell you." Kazuha replied, being on the verge of tears, "I miss the old us back in Japan.. With Ni-ki and the others."

Y/N was filled with many emotions. She couldn't believe that the "couple" was forced to leave Japan just because of her.

Kazuha wrapped her arms around Y/N and rubbed her back gently. This made Y/N break into tears and started crying into her best friend's shoulder.

"It's all my fault, Zuha-sama," Y/N said with a couple sniffles in between the sentences. "You had to move because of me."

"It's not your fault, Y/N," Kazuha reassured her, a few tears beginning to fall from her eyes, "It's Ni-ki's parents' fault."

Kazuha continued to comfort Y/N as she cried, never leaving her side.