chapter 5

Today was the day of auditions, and Ni-ki was relatively tired. He tiredly trudged to school, putting his belongings away in his locker. He flinched as he felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso.

"Ni-ki! Today's the day of the auditions! You'll be cheering for me, right?" His girlfriend cooed, staring up at him.

Ni-ki stared down at Kazuha, avoiding her gaze, "Mhm." He said, giving her a tired mumble.

"What's wrong? Something on your mind?" Kazuha smiled sweetly at her boyfriend.

"I'm tired." Ni-ki slowly took her arms off of his waist, turning away from her, retrieving the items he needed for his first class.

"You didn't get much sleep last night, huh?" Kazuha questioned, "You don't need to stress so much. I'm sure the auditions won't be too stressful."

"Yeah, sorry.." He muttered apologetically, smiling down at her. "I'll see you at the auditions, okay? I love you." He pressed a gentle kiss against her lips.

~~~

Y/N took a deep breath, preparing herself for the audition. She practiced until late at night, with the help of Yeji correcting some of her moves. She was feeling more than confident with her skills. She couldn't help the anxiety as she began to approach the judges' table. She was the last person to perform so her nerves were going crazy.

"You may begin," One of the judges spoke.

"Idea" by Taemin began to play and Y/N's body automatically moved to the music. Making sure her moves were precise, Y/N executed the choreography as powerfully as she could.

The atmosphere around her became still. Everyone watched her perfectly accurate motions. She unknowingly smirked, which began to pulsate through her body.

She felt on top of the world as she moved her arms and legs accordingly to the song.

This sensation continued as she kicked her leg to the side and then forward. She felt free, like nothing could stop her at that very moment.

The other auditionees were in awe as the panel of judges showed no sign of amazement or annoyance.

The dance came to an end shortly after the chorus had finished. Y/N took off the cap she was wearing as she finished the moves. The students applaud at the talent they had just seen.

Y/N looked up to see the panel of judges and quickly recognized the one at the very end, Nishimura Riki.

Y/N and Kazuha had finished a new movie that just came out in theaters. They made their way slowly through the streets, talking the entire time.

The two have always been inseparable and it showed. They always talked about anything they thought of.

Both girls made it to the park and went over to the swings. When they got to the swing set, Y/N and Kazuha heard music playing. They looked at each other and then back to where the sound was coming from.

Y/N was the first to walk toward the sound, followed by Kazuha. Y/N recognized the face of the person as they danced to a song. "Ni-ki!" Y/N called after him excitedly.

After a brief moment, the music paused, and Ni-ki turned to his girlfriend, smiling. "Hey, Y/N," He pressed a kiss against the crown of her head.

Snickering, Kazuha remarked, "Maybe I should leave you two alone," Turning to leave, she waved to the couple. "See you guys at school!"

"Were you practicing a new song?" She asked him after Kazuha had left. Ni-ki nodded enthusiastically.

"If you'd like, I can show you some moves," Ni-ki offered.

Y/N shyly shook her head, frowning. "Ni-ki, you know I can't dance."

"It doesn't hurt to try, come on," Ni-ki resumed the video connected to his speaker, following the choreography. Y/N attempted to copy Ni-ki, but her style seemed awkward and stiff.

Ni-ki temporarily stopped dancing, approaching Y/N. He placed his hands on her shoulder, gesturing to how to properly do the choreography. "You have to do it like this."

Y/N turned around, hiding her flustered expression in his chest. Ni-ki wrapped his arms around her, a breathy chuckle escaping his lips.

"What? It's just us two." He teased her.

"Fine, but don't do that again." Y/N huffed.