chapter 7

Y/N woke up with a headache. She exited her shared room with Yeji, going to brush her teeth. She looked in the mirror. There were some faint dark circles under her eyes.

She ignored that factor and brushed her teeth. She greeted Yeji and Sunghoon, silently eating her breakfast. The siblings looked at her worriedly.

"Y/N? Are you feeling better today?" Yeji asked gently.

"Mhm." Y/N nodded, looking down at her plate, refusing to look at either of them. This didn't convince Yeji or Sunghoon.

"Look, Y/N, it's okay to feel the way you do. You just need to tell us how we can help you." Yeji placed her hand on top of Y/N's shoulder, looking at the younger girl.

"Unnie, I'm fine, really." Y/N looked at Yeji, brushing her hand off, continuing her meal.

"Y/N, don't lie to us. We just want to help," Sunghoon spoke to her.

Y/N sighed, defeated. "How can you? My ex-boyfriend is dating my best friend. There's nothing to help about that."

"Why don't we take your mind off of him? Thinking about him all the time won't make your situation any better," Yeji suggested. "We can do the things you like."

"Why don't we go ice skating? Sunghoon's quite talented," Yeji smiled at her younger brother, nudging him. Flustered, Sunghoon shook his head.

"Sure," Y/N agreed hesitantly.

Several minutes later, the trio arrived at the ice skating rink. Sunghoon showed Y/N how to properly tie her skates, and the three of them went on the ice.

Y/N clumsily stumbled, and Sunghoon laughed at her futile attempt to skate. "Come on, hold onto my hands. You won't fall."

Sunghoon skated backwards, and Y/N gripped onto his hands like her life depended on it. She was able to gain enough confidence to skate on her own, though she had to hang onto the wall.

Y/N smiled, enjoying the thrill of skating, until she remembered.

She did this with Ni-ki too.

"Y/N, be careful! Don't fall!" Ni-ki called out to his girlfriend as she stumbled towards the wall of the rink.

"I know, don't worry!" Y/N turned to him and smiled, hanging onto the wall. Ni-ki freely skated and glanced at Y/N occasionally out of worry. He eventually skated next to her to ensure that she wouldn't fall.

"Ni-ki, I'm serious, I'll be fine," Y/N attempted to convince him until she stumbled forwards. He skated in front of her and caught her in his arms, propping her upwards on his knee.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt, are you?" Ni-ki worriedly ranted as he frantically checked Y/N for any sign of an injury.

"You caught me before I could even land on the ice," Y/N breathlessly laughed, freeing herself from his grip. "So yes, I'm okay."

"Oh, good. I was worried sick," Ni-ki sighed in relief, following Y/N as she slowly trailed along the wall.

"You don't have to follow me, you know? Go have fun." Y/N turned to look at him.

Ni-ki shook his head, frowning. "What if you fall again? Then I wouldn't be able to save you."

"Nishimura Riki, I'm not going to die," Y/N gave him a smug look. "If anything, I'll get a bruise. That's better than dying, right?"

"I guess.." Ni-ki frowned, not entirely convinced by what Y/N had to say. Stopping, Y/N turned to look up at him.

"Riki, I'm serious. I don't want to ruin your fun, okay?" She sighed, continuing to helplessly skate against the wall. Ni-ki trailed after her like a lost puppy, though. Y/N rolled her eyes, accepting that he wouldn't leave her side.

Y/N held Ni-ki's gloved hand, and they skated together. "Oh, are you feeling more confident? You're not using the wall anymore." Ni-ki noted.

"Yeah, I guess I adjusted to skating. Now we can have fun together!" Y/N smiled at him, then returned her focus to skating.

"Ha.. You're so cute, Y/N." Ni-ki grinned, watching her carefully.

Y/N stopped by the wall, the sudden memory ruining the joyful experience. The Park siblings called after her worriedly, and she held in her tears as she skated out towards them.

"Y/N, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Sunghoon asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Just had to catch my breath." Y/N forced a smile, looking at Sunghoon and Yeji.

"Oh, good," Sunghoon sighed, reassured by Y/N's fake smile and cheery tone. "I actually invited Yuna to come skate with us."

"Really?" Yeji said with a tone of annoyance, "Yuna is one of my best friends and you decide to take her away from me." Yeji humphed in fake despair.

Y/N ignored her growing depression and began to snicker. "I think he wanted to impress her."

"Ah, right! The big guy just wants her to see how well he skates. My little Hoonie is growing up to be a man!" Yeji said in a teasing and baby-like tone.

Y/N giggled, shaking her head. "Seriously, oppa, you think of her all the time, huh?"

"Stop guys, she's coming over here right now," Sunghoon shushed them as Yuna skated towards the trio.

"I didn't know you two would be here as well," Yuna said in a sad tone, "But, more the merrier!"

"Well, Y/N, we accomplished something today," Yeji went on, skating along the wall with Y/N, "We stopped them from doing the dirty."

"Unnie!" Y/N screeched in pure horror, her eyes widening. "Ugh, don't make me think about Sunghoon oppa and Yuna unn-" Y/N stopped her sentence, shivering in disgust.

"What? Can't handle the truth? We all know they would've done it at some point." Yeji shrugged, making Y/N even more disgusted, and started gagging at the thought.

"OPPA! YEJI UNNIE TOLD ME-" Y/N screamed loudly, desperately trying to wring herself away from Yeji's grip.

"Come on, Y/N let's go skate together!" Yeji said, pulling Y/N forcefully so she couldn't continue her sentence.

"YOU'RE GONNA DO WHAT TO YUNA UNNIE?" Yeji has clearly ruined Y/N's innocent state of mind.

"What!? Yeji noona!" Sunghoon yelled from behind the two girls, clinging onto Yuna.

"Sunghoon, she had to learn about the birds and the bees at some point," Yeji shrugged nonchalantly.

"NOONA SHE'S TOO YOUNG FOR THAT!"

"What? You act like she didn't do it with Ni-ki." Yeji continued, "Madly in love at a young age makes you do some stuff."

"NOONA SHE WAS THIRTEEN..!" Sunghoon argued, pleading for Yeji to stop saying another word.

"WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? NI-KI AND I DIDN'T DO THAT!" Y/N screamed in horror.