chapter 19

Y/N dressed in comfortable clothes, making sure she looked presentable. Before leaving the apartment, she called to her siblings, "I'm going to practice!" She heard inaudible responses, and left to go to school.

Y/N slowly opened the door to the practice room to see that Ni-ki was already there, practicing a few songs. She entered the practice room and placed her belongings to the side. Ni-ki noticed her and went to turn the music off, greeting Y/N.

"Oh, hey," Ni-ki smiled, staring down at Y/N. "So, are you ready to show me what you've been working on?"

"Yeah! Just give me a minute to get ready," Y/N returned the smile.

Y/N stretched, preparing her body for the choreography. She went to the sound system, putting on 'Move' by Taemin. She started the dance, trying to make little eye contact with Ni-ki in the mirror. She continues the dance but stumbles on a certain step. Ni-ki notices and pauses the music.

"Do you need help with that part?" He asked her with a worried look.

"No, I got it." She replied, stuttering a little bit.

The music resumed from the beginning as she tried again. This time she looked at the mirror toward Ni-ki, and he gave her a reassuring smile. She softly smiled back, gaining the confidence she needed.

Y/N completed the dance, panting softly, grabbing a bottle of water.

"You did good," Ni-ki complimented her, grinning. "You've improved a lot since the auditions."

"Thanks," Y/N said breathlessly, then drinking some more water.

After Y/N regained her composure, an unfamiliar song began to play, and Ni-ki began. The dance had powerful movements and subtle gestures. Ni-ki executed the dance powerfully and had little to no issues whilst he was performing.

Ni-ki panted harshly once the dance was concluded, and Y/N quietly applauded his performance, giving him a huge grin.

"What was that song? You did amazing!" Y/N praised him, joining Ni-ki as he grabbed water from the refrigerator.

"Oh, my friends and I composed it," Ni-ki smiled, shy. "It's called Tamed-Dashed. I created the choreography."

"Wow, I never knew you could sing," Y/N continued the praise, amazed by his various skills. "You should release it someday!"

"Thanks," Ni-ki laughed, astonished by the amount of praise he was receiving from Y/N.

"You know, there was a reason why I wanted you to come here today," Ni-ki admitted, approaching Y/N.

"And why is that?" Y/N asked, looking up at him.

"I just want to let you know that my feelings are still here." Ni-ki continued, "They always have been, Y/N."

"Riki.." Y/N blushed, looking into his eyes.

"I just want to know if you feel the same way," Ni-ki spoke sincerely, grabbing both of her hands, staring into her eyes. "I want to start over with you."

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that," Y/N laughed, breaking eye contact. "Of course I feel the same way, stupid."

"I'm so glad," Ni-ki smiled widely, pulling her into a tight hug, burying his face into his shoulder.

"I love you, L/N Y/N."

"I love you more, Nishimura Riki."