chapter 18

"Y/N? Get ready, we're going to the arcade," Sunghoon poked his head into her room, briefly leaving without an explanation.

"What? What are we going to the arcade for?" Y/N asked, standing up, leaving her room and chasing Sunghoon.

"You'll see," Sunghoon turned to look at her, shrugging nonchalantly. He went to his room, shutting it.

Y/N huffed in annoyance, getting dressed. Several moments later, Y/N met up with Sunghoon in the living room. "You really aren't helping by explaining, you know," Y/N frowned.

"Who knows? Maybe you'll like the surprise," Sunghoon smirked.

The siblings met Yeji in the car, Y/N sat in the front seat while Sunghoon sat in the back, behind Yeji. They pulled up to a modern style house. The outside looked clean and well-kept. The exterior of the house had an outside garden.

Sunghoon exited the car, ringing the doorbell. The door swung open to reveal Ni-ki, and the two boys greeted each other, returning to Yeji's car. Ni-ki sat next to Sunghoon, looking out of the window nervously.

Y/N turned around to face Sunghoon, giving him a questioning look. Sunghoon simply smiled, giving her a thumbs up. Yeji ignited the car and drove to the arcade.

"Okay, don't spend too much money, alright?" Yeji gave the trio around 14,000 Won ($10.00 USD). "Have fun, you three! Especially you, Y/N." Yeji gave Y/N a playful wink, driving off.

"Y/N, stay close with me, okay? I don't want you getting lost," Sunghoon spoke up, throwing Ni-ki a knowing look.

"Sure," Y/N muttered, trailing after Sunghoon, not knowing that Ni-ki kept glancing at her every few seconds.

"So, what games do you want to play? I'm fine with whatever," Sunghoon smiled innocently, glancing between the younger boy and girl. "As long as you don't mind me tagging along."

"How about that game?" Ni-ki pointed at his favorite three-person shooter game, his voice shaking with nervousness.

"Isn't that too violent for Y/N?" Sunghoon narrowed his eyes.

"It's fine, oppa," Y/N intervened, looking up at him. "I can handle it."

"Are you sure?" Sunghoon asked, worried. "It's okay if you want to play something else."

"It's fine, really," Y/N sighed. "You don't have to worry about me so much."

"Fine," Sunghoon eventually caved in. The three walked toward the game and Sunghoon swiped his game card against the scanner, exchanging his credits for each person to play. He picked up the plastic gun, aiming towards the screen.

Y/N did the same, as did Ni-ki. They skipped through the cutscene and immediately began the game, with each person aiming in several directions, the plastic trigger clicking against their index fingers.

Ni-ki attempted to help Y/N by removing some of the enemies on her side of the screen, but it came at the cost of most of his health being taken. He returned his focus on the game, but kept an eye on Y/N.

The three breezed through the first wave, but the real struggle started once they were in the middle of the second wave. Too many enemies overwhelmed Sunghoon's screen, and he ended up dying. He huffed, returning the plastic gun in its canister, watching Y/N and Ni-ki play.

Ni-ki was very close to dying, while Y/N had half of her health left. She tried her best to hold off the enemies so she could try and help Ni-ki stay alive. But that backfired when the third wave started.

Ni-ki died as soon as the third wave started, which left Y/N to fend for herself. "Do you need help?" Ni-ki asked worriedly after he put his plastic gun in its rightful place.