chapter 12

Y/N arrived relatively early to attend dance rehearsals. She adorned a crop top from Yeji and sweatpants she stole from Sunghoon. Y/N entered the practice room to see a few members of the team practicing. As expected, Ni-ki was already there teaching a few others.

Y/N started to practice, attempting to mirror the choreography that was playing on her phone. Y/N struggled with a few points of the choreography. Ni-ki noticed this and approached her from behind.

"Do you need help?" Ni-ki asked her, placing his hand on her waist. His fingers barely grazed her skin, which caused shivers to race down Y/N's spine.

Flustered, Y/N replied, stuttering, "No, I got it."

"Are you sure?" Ni-ki continued, "Looks like you're having a hard time."

"Riki, seriously, I got this." Y/N said, turning to face him. After Y/N realized she had just called him by his real name, her heart started to pound and she stepped away from his grasp.

A deep chuckle escaped from him, "Sure, whatever you say." He walked away from Y/N to speak to the other instructors.

Y/N found it difficult to continue to rehearse after her brief interaction with Ni-ki. She was flustered, which only made it more difficult to concentrate.

Kazuha watched the sight from the other side of the room. Y/N was stretching a bit more after Ni-ki had left her.

Y/N started the video again, trying to get the moves right for the third time. Kazuha felt the need to walk over to Y/N but she didn't want another scene to happen in front of the others.

Sooner or later she will, just not now.

Kazuha packed her things inside her bag, glancing at Y/N from time to time until their eyes met. The brown-haired girl was quick enough to avert her eyes back to what she was doing before Y/N could give her a questioning look.

As rehearsal ended, Y/N stayed afterwards to try and focus. She continued the dance over and over, but failed each time.

"You should just let me help you, Y/N,"  Ni-ki frowned, approaching her. He placed his hand on her hip, and aligned his arm with hers. "I'll show you how to do it. Okay?"

Y/N blinked, slowly nodding. She tried to copy Ni-ki's movements, but found it difficult, as Ni-ki's gaze was completely focused on Y/N.

"Y/N, focus," Ni-ki snapped her back into reality, lifting her chin, angling her face to look at him. "Are you getting distracted?"

Y/N shook her head, stepping away from him. "Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Y/N, I'm trying to help you. There's no need to bring my girlfriend into this."

"Right," Y/N added hesitantly, averting her gaze from Ni-ki.

"Let's be professional about this, Y/N. Let's continue."

After a couple of minutes, Y/N regained focus, and managed to understand the choreography. She turned to Ni-ki, mumbling, "Uh.. Thank you for helping me."

"It's no big deal," Ni-ki waved his hand dismissively. "See you tomorrow, Y/N."

~~~

Y/N met with Sunghoon outside the dance room, her face still hot from her and Ni-ki's interaction. Her brother noticed this and began to tease her.

"Ooooh, did you meet a cute guy?" Sunghoon nudged her playfully, raising his eyebrows.

"No..!" Y/N said stuttering as she walked past him, starting the walk home.

"Oooooh! Y/N has a crush!" Sunghoon continued to tease his younger sister, "What's his name?" He asked, trying his best to match speeds with Y/N.

"It's not important, Hoon," Y/N sighed, trying to ignore Sunghoon's continuous questions.

"Is it someone I know?" Sunghoon asked, his long strides managed to catch up with Y/N's pace.

Y/N didn't answer, ignoring that particular question. Not long after, she entered the apartment, sighing.

"Yeji," Sunghoon called for his older sister. "Y/N has a crush!"

"Who's the lucky guy?" Yeji smiled, watching Y/N carefully.

"It's no one!" Y/N yelled, rushing to her shared room, slamming the door shut.

"Ah, young love." Sunghoon smiled, shaking his head.

"You got that right, Hoon." Yeji said, letting out a small laugh, "Wanna go get some bread from the store with me?"

"Nah, I promised Yuna that I'd take her somewhere." Sunghoon said, knowing that Yeji would tease him right away.

"Oooooh, where to?" Yeji said as she paced around the room looking at her phone.

"No where in specific," Sunghoon continued, "And why are you pacing around so much? You're making me anxious."

"No reason. I'm waiting for my friend to reply to my text." The oldest said, still pacing.

"Is it a guy?" Sunghoon asked curiously, remembering the time Yeji was head over heels for the old dance captain of her school.

Yeji became flustered, "No! He's just a friend! Oh shi-"

"Oh my gosh! Yeji has a crushhh! Who is it!?" Sunghoon exclaimed excitedly.

"Nobody that you know of!" Yeji said, looking at her phone as she received a text, "He replied!"

Sunghoon quickly made his way over to Yeji and snatched her phone, looking at the contact's name. To his shock, he almost dropped the phone.

It was Heeseung.

"Oh my god, my sisters are going after my friends!?" Sunghoon said, dropping the phone on the floor and running to his room, slamming the door just as Y/N did.

"Shut up! You're the one who had a crush on my friend first!" Yeji retaliated in her last efforts to explain.