Chapter 6

It was bitter. The tea she was drinking. Heavy on the lemon, and a faint taste of mint. She swallowed nonetheless.

"So. Remind me, what exactly happened?"

Lee shifts his eyes around the room. He doesn't want to be here. Not after the fight with Angel. Looking around the small apartment, the room is open and the kitchen and living room are both in open space and flows into one another. The walls are a pale off blue white. The floorboards are brown, and there are accents of maroon purple. On the table was a vase of orange, red, and blue flowers. California poppies, Yarrows, and Chionodoxa, AKA 'The Glory of the Snow', or 'Snowdrop'. Love, success, bravery, and hope. Either someone knows their flower language or Draxum just got them because of the colors.

Next to the flowers were stakes of books. Textbooks ranging from mental health to 'how to take care of children after being an absent parent'. Other books were ones about children's nutrition or about human anatomy. Lee catches Draxum's eyes when the man makes  a low growl of frustration. "The great warrior scientist" was in sweats, and glasses. His hair was also in a bun.

Lee still didn't say anything. The couch he was on is soft but firm. The texture was rough. Old. Lifting up a hand he rubbed the couch's armrest. Then he moved his hand back and tapped the back of his hand. He could feel Draxum's eyes on him. While Lee knows that Draxum is a good guy, supposedly, he still doesn't trust the man. He reminds him too much of Razhar or Tigerclaw. Someone who would calculate others or was rough and violent. Or a deadly mix of both.

"We got into an argument." He finally says.

"Oh?"

"About you."

———

The words Baron Draxum, The supposedly great " warrior alchemist" didn't really mean that much to Lee.

That is until Angel starts talking about the man. The two turtles were currently jumping from building to building in the broad freaking daylight and heading over to Apirl's and Barry's apartment. Apparently the two are neighbors. And Barry is April's school's lunchperson.

"—Then Dad and Dad had to run out of the officer's house. Then we had to hide in the dumpster from the cops" Angel rants. For the past hour Angel has been catching Lee up with all the information about the boys and their lives. From meeting April to the Krang invasion. Lee just gave a hum, semi-listening. Maybe it was because he was older, or because his Mikey had similar experience but-

"I don't think you should trust Barry, Ang."

"-Then Dad, Dad, and I went to the prison to help break my brothers out of jail! That's what we did that week. And-I Wait? What?" Angel stops talking and stops moving. Which causes Lee to stumble over the smaller boy.

"Angel! Wait out! I almost trip over you."

"No. What do you mean I shouldn't trust my dad?"

Angel turned around, a hurt and angry look was on his face. Lee backed up, slightly lifting his hands in the air. He took a step back. The two were at the edge of a roof and Lee did NOT want any accidents on his watch.