1

Ellie Collins shut her eyes and took a deep breath as the helicopter descended onto the tarmac. She was joining the infamous fireteam 141 for a while, her ability to understand many languages and being one of the best shots in her squadron had earned her a call from the colonel to help them.

Turning down an invitation to join such legends would've been the dumbest decision she could make. She had admired the team for the past few years, they were considered to be a four-man army. Many of her brothers and sisters in arms looked up to them.

The helicopter landed and Ellie nodded once to the pilot in thanks before leaping onto the ground, hoisting her pack over her shoulder. She stood at about 5'7, and had long wavy black hair that she had tied up into a tight braid, which barely moved in the winds of the rotors. The most noticable thing is that she had two different coloured eyes. Her left eye was the brightest green you could imagine, while her right eye was a simple brown colour.

Ellie looked over to where a group of people waited for her, and she immediately recognized Johnny MacTavish, or as he preferred "Soap". She had served with him for a time, and had even trained with him together. They had become close after Soap had come to her for advice on an ex, and since then Ellie saw him as a brother.

Smiling at seeing him again, Ellie walked up to Soap and they shook hands. "Good to see you again, Sergeant Collins," he said with his charming smile.

"Just Ellie to you, Soap. How have things been?"

He gave a one shoulder shrug. "You know, same shit, different day. Come on, I'll introduce you to everyone."

They walked over to where three men and one woman were standing together just off the tarmac. She recognized most of them as the team of 141, and she had worked with Laswell before. The two women smiled at one another as Soap brought her to them. "Ellie," Soap said, gesturing to the group. "Let me introduce you to 141. This is Captain John Price."

Ellie shook the man's hand and he nodded once to her, a twinkle in his bright blue eyes. "Good to finally meet you," Price commented. "Laswell spoke highly of you."

Ellie looked at Kate, and she gave a small wink. "I appreciate it, Captain."

"Call me Price."

Ellie nodded to him and Soap brought her to the next man in line. "Lieutenant Kyle Garrack."

"Gaz," the man laughed, shaking Ellie's hand. "Please."

"Pleasure."

"And finally," Soap said, "Lieutenant Simon Riley, a.k.a --"

"The Ghost," Ellie finished, stopping in front of the masked man. She had heard a lot of rumours about the Ghost, how he was a merciless mercenary, and was as stoic as they come.

Even when he shook her hand, he didn't say a word to her. His grip on her hand was firm, but it was a quick shake, as if he didn't want to touch her. "It's an honour, Ghost," Ellie said, looking into his deep brown eyes that seemed to be set into a frown.

Ghost nodded to her, and Soap pat her shoulder. "Don't expect much of a reply," he laughed. "He doesn't do well around women."

"Enough, Sergeant," Ghost growled at Soap, and Ellie bit back a grin as Soap waved him off. She had missed seeing Soap around, she had been so proud of him for getting recognition in the field.

"Ellie," Laswell spoke up, taking her attention. "As much as I wish to leave you to settle in, I'm in need of your assistance up in the office when you have the chance."

Ellie smiled and shrugged nonchalantly. "Lead the way."

Laswell took the lead as the group walked off the tarmac and into the base. Soldiers walked around them, nodding their heads in respect to the group of men that walked through the building to the offices upstairs.