14

TW: This chapter is going to get into some deeper past trauma. So things such as SA, suicice, and other things may be mntioned. Please read at your own discretion 💙

○●○●○●○●

She was like a deer in headlights. Ellie stared at Ghost's massive frame for at least a minute, her hands beginning to shake slightly. It had been just over three months since she had last seen him, and he hadn't changed a bit. He still wore the same ski mask, dark jeans, a long sleeved black shirt and jacket. His hands were tucked into the pockets as he stared down at her with the same dark eyes it took Ellie many weeks to forget.

She didn't know what she was feeling, seeing him again. Her therapist had helped her deal with her emotions after what had happened between her and Ghost, and over time, it helped Ellie get over her feelings for him.

Ten seconds after she opened the door, they all came back to her like a bag of bricks had hit her in the chest.

"Ellie," Ghost finally said.

"No. Absolutely not." Ellie began to shut her door.

"Stop --"

"Nope. Not dealing with this shit."

"Let me talk --"

"Goodbyyyye!"

"Ellie, wait!" His hand flew from the pocket of his jacket and stopped her door from shutting all the way.

Ellie felt herself shake slightly as she held the door handle so tightly, her knuckles had turned white. It was a miracle the wine glass didn't break in her other hand. "Don't do this, Ghost..." she begged quietly.

"Please..." He stepped up to the door and looked down at her. The desperation in his voice for that one word was the only reason Ellie didn't turn and call the cops. "Just give me one minute to talk."

Swallowing past the lump in her throat, Ellie threw all of her therapy sessions out the window as she opened the door fully. Ghost put his hand back into his pocket and stepped back to give her space. "How did you find me?" she asked.

"Your instagram."

That made Ellie frown. "You of all fucking people don't have instagram."

Ghost took out his phone from his back pocket and began to go through it. He handed it to her and Ellie reluctantly took it from him. Sure enough, he had an instagram page that was started recently by the looks of it, and he was only following her page. She had posted a selfie before going to the beach, and she noticed that he had liked it.

"So you've been stalking me," she stated, handing it back to him.

"Miami beach is an easy place to identify. You post a picture there every few days, along with other tourist attractions. Wasn't hard to narrow down."

Ellie rolled her eyes and she looked him over. "Doesn't explain how you found my fucking address. Soap doesn't even know that." Ghost let out a heavy sigh, and she nodded. "Stalking."

"It was the only way I could find you," he said firmly. "You changed your number."

"So you were watching me at the beach today, then?" When he gave her a nod of confirmation, Ellie shook her head. "Unbelievable. Why the fuck are you even here?"

"To talk."

"I have nothing to say to you. You made it clear the day I left that you had nothing to say to me either. Why now?"

Something changed in Ghost's eyes that Ellie hadn't seen before. They were sad, she didn't think he was capable of feeling it. It made her drop her guard, but only slightly. "If you let me in," he started quietly, "I'll answer any question you want. Please, Ellie..."