24

The punches didn't phase him, the pain was nothing to what he had experienced before. Rickman didn't know how to properly torture a man, and it showed. But it didn't make the beatings any less worse than what they were. 

Ghost's lip was cut, his nose bled and was most definitely broken again. He could feel the bruises forming on his body as each blow made contact, but it was nothing compared to how his heart was destroyed. He had never felt anything like this pain before, not even when he lost his family. They were his blood, but Ellie had chosen to love him, chosen to be by his side through everything. She saw the darkness that plagued him on his worst days, and was granted the softer side of him that nobody but her ever saw. 

If the guys didn't get to her in time, then he prayed that Rickman killed him sure and quick. Because he had nothing left to fight for.

Ghost's head hung low as his hands remained tied behind the back of the same chair Ellie was sitting in, blood dripping from his nose and mouth. Rickman crouched in front of him and forced Ghost to raise his head with the shotgun barrel. "'ad enough?" he snickered.

Blood and spit flew from Ghost's mouth and landed on the man's face. Rickman recoiled angrily and hit the side of Ghost's head with the butt of the gun, causing his head to spin as he rocked on the edge of consciousness. "Bloody bastard," Rickman cursed, wiping the blood from his face. 

"You're better off killing me," Ghost said hoarsely. "You'd be far more infamous for it."

"Shut it." Rickman pointed the gun at Ghost again. "You destroyed everything I built, and I'll torment you for the rest of yer fucking days if I so bloody please."

Ghost let out a small scoff that led to coughing. His ribs were beginning to hurt. "You won't live to see that happen." 

"'ollow words for a man tied to a chair."

As Ghost looked up at him, commotion broke out near the front of the warehouse. Gunfire began to fill the place, echoing off of the walls of the massive room. Rickman whipped around to where the sounds were coming from, but with all the sounds bouncing around, it seemed like it was all-out warfare. Ghost recognized it as one of the decoy gunfire grenades Soap always had on him. It made it seem like a lot more was going on, and was hell of a distraction.

"Don't just stand there!" Rickman roared at his men who were confused. "Go and kill whoever the 'ell is infiltrating!" When his men began to head for the door with their weapons raised, Rickman glared down at him. "Your doing, I'm assuming?"

"Don't know what you mean," Ghost coughed, sitting back in the chair. His dirty blond hair stuck to his sweaty forehead, and his face was starting to swell a bit from the beatings. He hated the feeling.

Rickman growled and paced back and forth, waiting to see any of his men return. Ghost listened to their cries as his allies gunned them down, and within a few minutes, the building went quiet. Cursing to himself, Rickman grabbed one of the AR's sitting on the table near Ghost, and strapped the shotgun to his back before grabbing Ghost by the arm and hauling him to his shaking feet. 

Ghost felt the gun dig into his back as Rickman hid behind his massive frame as Price, Gaz and Soap entered the room with their guns raised as they checked every corner. "Stop!" Rickman roared, making all three men whip their sights over to where Ghost was standing. "Or I kill 'im!"

"Let him go, Rickman!" Soap called, his finger tight on the trigger. "You're alone here!"

"No bloody way you killed all of 'em!" 

"Want to bet?" Price taunted. Ghost watched as him and Gaz began to spread to the sides, trying to get a shot on Rickman as Soap approached from the front.