26

Two and a half months later...

Soap paced the floor of the waiting room anxiously. He had the guys had gotten the call of Ellie going into labour only a few hours before, and thankfully they had landed from their flight to visit merely hours before. They wanted to be there to support their friends in this exciting moment.

Gaz and Price were both sitting in the chairs waiting patiently. Price looked like a typical dad as he scrolled through his phone, and Gaz was watching Soap pace with amusement in his eyes. "You're acting like it's your kid she's having," he laughed, seeing the concern on Soap's face.

"Huh?" Soap asked without paying attention. "Oh..." When he came to and realized he was still pacing, he sat down beside Gaz. "She's been having complications for the last few weeks, I'm just worried about her."

"I know, we all are," Gaz mentioned. "She'll be alright, Soap." 

They could hear a few other women in the ward were also having a child tonight. The three men had heard screams as they had pushed, but they never recognized if one of them was Ellie.

By this point, it had been four or five hours since they got the call that she had gone into labour. It was nearly midnight and all three of the guys began to snooze in the waiting room since they were some of the only oens there.

"Oi."

All three soldiers jumped from their sleep at the firm and familiar voice of Ghost. They all looked up as he approached them, and immediately stood up. He was wearing a simple black cloth mask over the bottom of his face instead of the balaclava. "How'd it go?" Soap asked urgently as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

The corners of his eyes crinkled, and for the first time since he had known Ghost, Soap saw tears fill his eyes. "Nine pound, ten ounce little girl."

All of the men let out heavy relieved breaths and individually hugged their former comrade. After the embraces were shared, Ghost wiped the tears from his eyes and cleared his throat of the little emotion he ever showed.

"How's Ellie doing?" Price asked as he gave Ghost a firm pat on the shoulder.

"Exhausted, but she wants to see you all before she rests."

They followed Ghost quietly through the ward until they came to her room. Ellie was laying in the bed holding the infant, and she looked just as tired as Ghost had mentioned. She was staring down at the chunky little baby, her black and green hair sticking to her forehead.

The motion in the corner of her eye caused her to look up at the four men as they piled into the delivery room. "Hey guys," she murmured tiredly. As the men waited, Ghost made his way to her bedside and sat next to her. Pulling his mask off, Ghost kissed her and stroked her hair as he whispered something to her.

Ellie smiled at him and looked at the guys. "Well, don't be shy, she won't bite."

Soap was the first to approach her bedside. Ghost was leaning on the other side of the bed, and his presence alone was letting off an aura of protectiveness that even Soap had never seen before. Ellie shifted the little girl in her arms and handed her to Soap, who gripped her head and body before settling her into the nook of his elbow.

"Ain't you just a wee thing," he cooed, rocking from side to side slowly. The infant let out a quiet noise and shifted in his arm. "What's her name?" Soap asked as Gaz came up to peek at the baby over his shoulder.

"Annabelle Victoria Riley," Ghost said almost proudly as Ellie laid her head back on the pillow and stroked his arm as he held her hand.

"She's so cute," Gaz chuckled as he rubbed the tiny fist that stuck out of the blanket. "Definitely got more from her mother." He winked at Ellie, and Ghost gave him the finger. Soap handed Annabelle over to Gaz, and leaned down to give Ellie a small hug as Price came over to take a turn and look at the infant.

"Proud of you, Ell," he whispered in her ear, and Ellie felt tears of happiness fill her eyes as he stood up.

"Johnny," Ghost said, drawing the man's attention. "Ellie and I made a decision the other day."

"We want you to be her godfather," Ellie finished, seeing Soap's eyes widen.

"S-seriously?" The couple nodded and Soap looked to the infant, who was being coddled by Price now. "Bloody hell, I can't say no to that."

"She's got one hell of a family surrounding her, aye?" Price teased as he bounced Annabelle gently.

After another few minutes of coddling Annabelle, Ellie let out a long yawn and Ghost took notice. "Alright, my fiancèe needs to rest. Out. All of you." When Soap had begun to protest, Ghost shook his head. "Even you, godfather."

"You'll call if you need anything, aye?" Soap asked. Ghost nodded and shooed the man out of the room.

Price handed Annabelle back to Ghost and gave him a pat on the arm before the three men left the room. Ghost shut the door and sat back down in the chair beside the bed as Ellie shifted onto her side slowly to watch him.

Annabelle blinked her eyes open slowly as Ghost shifted her into his elbow, and Ellie reached over to touch her fist with her finger. "Daddy's girl already," she laughed tiredly.

Ghost scoffed and looked down at his fiancèe with a wink. "That's reserved for you first, angel. Now get some rest."

Ellie's eyes began to droop at his words, and she let out a quiet hum. "I love you, Simon," she murmured before sleep overtook her.

Ghost watched her beautiful face for a while after she had fallen asleep and Annabelle shifted around in his arms. "There are no words on this Earth that can describe how much I fucking love you," he whispered to Ellie. Now that she wouldn't be able to hear him, he could spill his heart to her. He hated that he couldn't bring himself to say it to her when she watches, but he could never brave it.

"You gave me everything a man like me never deserved," Ghost whispered to her sleeping form. "You loved me even when I gave up on myself. You gave me a beautiful family..." His thumb stroked Annabelle's leg under the blanket as she too fell asleep like her mother. "I will never be able to thank you, but I will spend the rest of my fucking days making up everything that I did wrong to you."

Ghost leaned down and kissed Ellie's hair gently. "I love you to the ends of this bloody Earth, Eliza. My soon-to-be wife and mother of our perfect child..." Wiping his eyes, Ghost took a moment to compose himself before carrying Annabelle over to the little crib they gave so he could get some rest.

As his back turned, Ellie opened one eye and smiled at Ghost's back, fighting back her tears of happiness before she truly fell into the best sleep she'd had in six months.

○●○●○●○●

OKAY

I'M DONE

Ellie and Ghost are officially done!! 😂 I'm so sorry, but I just wanted to write something cute. So many fics of Ghost ended sad so I needed to give our boy some happiness 💚

I am currently writing one for König, but that will take some time. I appreciate y'all for the support and hope you enjoyed Ellie and Ghost on their final adventure!