13

Three months later...

○●○●○●○●

Ghost, Soap, Gaz and Price all clambered out of the helicopter as it landed back on base. Their mission was a success, but quite rocky. They had gone to gather intel on a suspected terrorist group hiding away in the city, and managed to find a member and weaseled the information out of him. Because of that, the entire group of terrorists were caught and their bombing mission was stopped.

"Another successful run, lads," Price called out as they walked to the building. "First round's on me tonight."

They all headed in to change into civilian clothing, and went to go eat out to celebrate their victory. The four of them squeezed into a booth that barely fit all four of the brawny men, and looked through their menus.

"You getting first round of food too, Price?" Gaz teased.

"Not likely. I've seen the food Soap can pound back." Price winked at Soap, who gave him the finger. "Still don't know where you hide it all."

"All below the waist, my friend," Soap replied, earning a laugh from everyone but Ghost.

They ordered their meals and Soap checked his phone while Price and Gaz continued a conversation about a UK football game. Ghost glanced over at Soap's phone and saw him answer a message. Peeking at the name at the top, Ghost saw "Ellie" written there.

His heart hammered in his chest at the sight of her name. Soap hadn't mentioned her at all since she had gone on medical leave months ago. Ellie made it clear enough that she didn't wish to see him again, especially now that she had gotten transferred somewhere else.

"Who you talkin' to?" Gaz asked Soap. "Got a girl we don't know about?"

"I still say man," Price piped up.

"Seconded," Ghost added, feigning that he knew who he spoke of.

"First of all, fuck all of you," Soap grumbled. "Second, it's Ellie."

"Sgt. Collins?" Price asked, taking a sip of water.

"Used to be Sgt, yes."

"Used to be?" Ghost asked curiously.

Soap let out a sigh and put his phone face down on the table. "She didn't want me to tell any of you until she was ready, but Ellie told me a few weeks ago that it's okay if I told you all where she's been."

"Didn't she get transferred?" Gaz asked him.

Soap shook his head. "That's what she told me as well, but she erh... she got honourably discharged."

"What?!" Price and Gaz said in unison.

Ghost glared at Soap as he looked at them all to see their reaction. "Why would she lie?" Gaz asked.

"She was struggling with her mental health," Soap explained. "The dismissal got confirmed in the middle of her medical leave. She moved away and got herself a great job, and began therapy. She's doing really well now."

"Where did she move to?" Ghost demanded, making Price and Gaz look at each other.

Soap gave him a dark look. "That part she hasn't told me. She's been posting on Instagram and Facebook a lot, but any word of location is never mentioned."

"Let me see."

"Why the sudden interest, Simon?" Price questioned him.

Ghost didn't answer him, and Soap didn't touch his phone. "I'm not showing you, Ghost," Soap explained. "Out of everyone around this table, you're the last person she wanted me to tell."