Who's The Better Choice

A few weeks later
Sitting on the couch in the living room of the school I sighed flipping through pages of superhero books. Trying to see if any of those characters were as controlling as Ken appeared to be. Unfortunately there's nothing like that. "This is ridiculous. Am I supposed to believe all superheroes are completely gentlemen!"

"Some heroes can be. You just have to find the right one." Whipping my head around towards the voice I recognized Ethan. He used to go to Mystic Falls high until he became supernatural and joined the school.

"Ethan hey.." I trailed off going back to staring at the comic books.

He came and sat down beside me shrugging his shoulders. "I thought you would still be in Paris with Lizzie. And can I ask why you're suddenly taking an interest in comics?"

" I'm just curious about them… I mean can someone be good and evil at the same time " I exclaimed.

" They can it's called Anti-Hero… they can be evil in some ways but are capable of doing good things just don't know how to " Ethan explained.

" More like not wanting to be weak " I whispered thinking back to what Ken told me about what it was like to be King of the gods…. I'm a god darling I'm not some knight in shining armor from folk talked "

" So, is it true about you being mated to that Ken dude? " Ethan asked.

" Yeah " I signed.

" That must be complicated " He mumbled.

" It is, I know people think him to be a monster but he's not. I've seen a whole different side to him that is sweet and gentle, but then he turns back to his cold, demanding ways when he can't get what he wants and is very controlling, " I said.

" Yeah, gods like to keep what is theirs to themselves….. they don't like sharing and if anyone tries to steal their treasure they'll slay them like pigeons " Ethan exclaimed.

" But I'm not some treasure to be won…. I'm a person and he doesn't seem to understand that " I hissed.

" Gods don't know much about boundaries let alone romance, I mean they are capable of love but have a hard time showing it" Ethan said.

"   How exactly do you know about the gods? I don't remember them being mentioned in any of the ones I've read?" I raised a brow towards the former football player.

" I've read tales about them though I'm not sure if they're true but Ben has told us some tales of his father and family and their misdemeanors " Ethan answered.

Avoiding his gaze I wasn't sure who to believe. Ben or Ken. "Ken says Ben betrayed
him so I'm not sure who to believe either."

"Well maybe you should stick with people close to you. Like in this school." He suggested picking up one of the comics I threw down on the table in front of me.

He flipped through some pages staring at me softly. "Lizzie mentioned that he went after you while you were in Paris."

" He did, " I lied,too ashamed to tell the truth of what really happened between us in Paris.

" Did he hurt you? " Ethan questioned.

" No, he didn't, luckily " I responded.

He closed the comic in his hands, shifting some we were looking directly at each other. "I normally don't get into people's personal lives but are you sure he's the guy you want. Like are you sure there's not someone else?"

"Ethan…are you trying to ask me out or something?" I asked, biting my lip, surprised he would be interested. From where I stood I always assumed he would date Lizzie.