They're More Than Friends

Once changing back into my human form, I made my way outside and headed to the old mill where I knew I longed to be alone for a bit. I began to get lost in my thoughts thinking about me and Ken wondering if our relationship could continue on without any more violence.

" Things will only get worse " I thought knowing more tension would rise up between the salvatore school and the gods.

Perhaps I wasn't cut out to be a God's soulmate,maybe Giselle was right I'm not the right fit.

Even if things did work out, Ken's children loathed her and wouldn't exactly warm up to her, they would never respect or accept her as their father's mate , especially Evander.

But something needed to be done or the Salvatore School wouldn't make it and it would be my fault if I let that happen. Closing my eyes I sighed, throwing my head back in frustration.

All of sudden, footsteps soon approached behind me... " you worry too much, my love everything will be fine "

Turning around I jumped back a little not expecting to actually see him standing in front me. " What are you doing here? I thought you left?"

" I couldn't leave my queen behind, " Ken smiled before sitting down beside me.

Rolling my eyes I sighed in defeat. "I can't very well be your queen if your children don't like me. Or if we start a war between our species and my friends."

" You are my queen and will be my wife one day. Whether my children like it or not, they will learn to accept it and if they don't I will make them " Ken said fiercoulsy.

He soon lifted a hand to my check storing it gently before leaning closer to me and capturing my lips against his, I began to lean in more to the kiss wrapping my arms around his neck wanting nothing more to lose myself to him but knew this wasn't the right place or time, I pulled away from him breaking the kiss looking up at him.

" As much as I enjoy this, I would rather not have my first time outside like some cave person and lower the risks of being caught by someone " I exclaimed.

"What would you rather do instead, love? Since you're clearly worrying about something. Tell me what can I do?" He asked me, staring into my eyes longingly.

" Peace, I wish for peace between our worlds.... we can't continue on like this anymore it's not good for either of our respective species " I said.

" Clari, I will not harm your friends nor your school and I will make sure my children don't either " Ken vowed.

" How long do you think you'll be able to hold off your children before they decide to take manners in their own hands, especially your son Evander, he's quite ruthless? " I asked.

" He is the god of war, vengeance and blood. He's always had an appetite for battle " Ken hummed.

" Has he always been like this growing up? " I questioned.

" No, it's my fault I groomed him into it.... I trained my children to the best and strong up to my standards " Ken signed.

" I went overboard with it and now I can't blame them for being who I told them to be... they were only doing what I would want them to do " he added.

Nodding my head I spoke up knowing that we had to change that or the human world wouldn't last if we were at war. "Well we have to do something. If we ever have kids I don't want them to not know my friends."

"Our children. I rather enjoy the sound of that." He teased with a raised brow and a smirk.

Smacking him on the chest I didn't need him to be distracting right now. "I'm serious, Ken. Wars never end well for one side or the other. We have to find a way to solve the problem without violence."