A Wedding Contract

"I hope two times is the charm." He mumbled. Crashing my lips onto his I mumbled through a huge grin. "Yes!" 

3 Months Later

Staring at myself in the mirror I couldn’t imagine this day would come for someone like me. Someone who thought she didn’t have a family which In reality was completely wrong. I was a Mikaelson and the destined soulmate of a God. Hell of a story I would say. The door opened behind me where my now sister Hope and my best friend Lizzie entered the room. “Guys look I’m sorry if you don’t like what is going to happen today but I love him. And we have come to an agreement that he and his children won’t hurt anyone so long as we can wed.”

“Clarisse, look , we talked it over and even though we might not like the things that he has done, we can see he makes you happy.” Hope explains nudging her arm at Lizzie. 

She walked up revealing a box from behind her back opening it to show me the necklace that had appeared on this school doorstep so long ago. The key to Ken freeing his children and to finding me apparently. “He used his power to return it back to this so that you could wear it today as your something old.” 

“Something new the dress.” I twirl around a few times in the white wedding gown that had lace on the sleeves and on the end of the dress. A golden crown that Ken had made me sat on my head with my hair curled a little bit. “Something blue is the earrings.” I said moving my hair behind my ear. 

Hope stepped up handing me a ring that had her initials on it. Slipping it on my right hand, she gave a weak smile. “Something borrowed from me, sis. You’ll always be my family whether you’re married to him or not remember that.” 

Opening my arms giggling at the two girls they both embraced me in a hug. We just stayed like that for a few minutes enjoying the moment until someone knocked on the door so we broke apart seeing Dr. Saltzman peaks his head inside. “Is she ready girls. Caroline is getting worried that everything isn’t perfect.” 

“I’m ready Dr. Saltzman.” I responded to him before he offered me his arm letting the other two go in front of us down the aisle. We had discussed that the wedding would be done at the school and Caroline had written up a document for me and Ken to sign together that would be the treaty and marriage certificate for our arrangement. 

Moving my eyes forward as we got closer to Ken he was wearing a suit and tie with a golden crown staring directly at me. Alaric stopped placing my hand in it with Caroline stepping up to us going to perform the ceremony for us. "So I didn't think I would be doing a wedding ceremony but my daughter insisted that I be the one to do it. So let's start with the vows whoever wants to go first." 

Ken cleared his throat, squeezing my hands with his while smiling at me, " For my whole immortal life I have never thought I would ever fall deeply for someone like you and settle down with you, you've changed me and made me a better person…. you make me so happy and I know there's no one else for me but you "

I stared at him with a tearful smile, my eyes begin to tear up at his words before I cleared my thought, " I thought I was not made for happiness, that I would be alone forever, that I didn't deserve it, I've never known love before you came along and showed me….. I've felt often lost and out of place for years but now I know where I belong and that's with you "  

"The rings, Hope." Caroline gestures with her freehand to my Tribrid sister who handed the golden bands to her. 

Caroline placed one ring in my hand and the other in Ken's letting me go first. "With this ring I thee wed and vow to not go against the gods from this day until my last day." Slipping it on his left hand he smiled back at me. 

"With this ring I thee wed and vow to not go against the Salvatore School or mortal kind for the rest of my immortal life." He declared slipping the ring on my hand looking at the blonde headmistress. 

Caroline placed her hands on top of our intertwined ones grinning brightly delivering the words. "It is my great honor to present to you the king and queen of God's and supernatural Clarisse and Ken. You may kiss the bride." 

Ken's eyes flashed their golden color as he quickly cupped my face in his hands, crashing his lips onto mine. Flinging my arms around his neck I deepened the kiss until I felt a sharp pain against my stomach breaking the kiss. "What's wrong, my love?" 

Resting my hands on his chest I blushed knowing exactly what it was. I hadn't told him yet about the little secret since we had been busy planning the wedding for a few months. "Do you remember the night we said I love you to each other…well we will be parents. It's yours Ken." 

"I'm gonna be an Aunt?" My sister gasped, grasping Lizzie’s hand. 

"Oh can I be an aunt too considering we are basically sisters by choice." The Heretic squealed. 

Ken wrapped his arms around my waist kissing the crown of my head until I turned in his pressing my lips onto his deeply. He wrapped his arms around my waist gently tugging me closer to his chest hoping that the treaty between our kind would work out and that the future child would be raised through love. 

Comments really appreciated ❤️