<3>

lia
ur turn to get yeji today

me
ok boss

The ticking clock drew my attention, and I watched it intently, holding my bag tightly and waiting for the bell to ring so I could sprint to Yeji's class. As I mentioned earlier, we took turns picking her up and meeting the others, just in case Yeonjun decided to show up.

However, he rarely did, which just goes to show what a lousy boyfriend he is. If I were dating Yeji, I'd propose to her on the spot. But that's just my personal opinion.

The history teacher droned on about something, but I didn't listen. I'd have to ask Heejin about it later. When the bell finally rang, I bolted out of the classroom and raced through the halls to Yeji's classroom, which was one floor above.

By the time I reached her, I was panting and out of breath. Yeji was packing up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. People didn't talk about it much, but I thought Yeji was pretty cool.

"Yeddeong!" I called out and waved when her attention turned to me. She smiled and walked over.

"Your turn today?" she asked, looking left and right down the hall, probably checking for Yeonjun or Yuna.

Sometimes Yuna came with me for extra protection, just in case Yeonjun showed up. She knows karate, which is pretty funny.

"Of course, I'm here," I said, gesturing toward myself with my hands.

Yeji let out a light chuckle, sending my heart racing. Her voice always had a way of making my head spin.

"So, what's on the menu for lunch today?" she asked as we descended the stairs together, weaving through a sea of people.

"I whipped up some kimchi fried rice with some side dishes. I can share, as usual," I offered, flashing her a smile. Her eyes lit up and the corners of her mouth turned upwards.

"Really? You're the best, Ryu!" She wrapped me in a side hug, squeezing tightly and beaming with joy.

I couldn't help but wish she meant those words in a romantic way.

"I love you too," I chuckled softly.

Most of the time, I cooked myself a big lunch portion just in case anyone in the group didn't have money or food. I wanted to be a nice person, so I didn't mind sharing my food with them. However, usually only Yeji shared with me, and I never complained. One time, Yuna said that the portion was too small for her, which made me wonder how much she could eat.

As we walked towards the cafeteria, I saw the other three already sitting at a table filled with food, such as sandwiches, chicken, french fries, salad, and a few fruits or veggies. They were sharing all of it, so I wasn't worried that it wouldn't be enough.

"Sit here, unnies." Yuna patted the empty seats next to her and smiled widely, while Lia and Chaeryeong were sitting beside each other, leaving seats for Yeji and me.

"Thank you for the food," we all said in unison after I got out my big lunchbox and placed it in front of me and Yeji.

"Eat up!" Chaeryeong exclaimed and started to dig into everything she wanted to eat. Yuna snatched two sandwiches and a salad, Lia grabbed the french fries and chicken, and a salad for later.

I opened the lunch box and gave Yeji a spare spoon before grabbing one for myself.

She was just about to take a spoonful of rice when she hesitated, looking at me for permission.