<16>

THIRD PERSON

"Breathe, Yeji," the brunette whispered to herself as she tried to calm down in the bathroom. She had already splashed water on her face, but it didn't help. Her heart felt like it was on fire, beating so fast as she replayed the moment they had kissed.

"We kissed," Yeji muttered to herself, still in disbelief. She wondered what would happen between them now. It was just an accidental kiss, right? No strings attached whatsoever. If Yeonjun found out, he wouldn't be mad, right? It was an accident.

"Accident, Yeji," she repeated to herself.

She used her hands to fan herself, attempting to cool down the heat that was rising within her. Yeji knew she shouldn't stay in the washroom for too long, so she took a deep breath and went back to the basement, trying to compose herself.

"Unnie, where have you been?" Yuna asked as soon as she saw Yeji.

"Washroom," Yeji answered quickly.

"I'm hungry," Chaeryeong chimed in, whining from her spot on the couch with her head facing the ceiling. The others checked the time and realized it was almost dinner time. Yeji took a glance at Ryujin, the girl she had kissed earlier, who was looking at her with an unreadable expression in her eyes.

They all went upstairs to start brainstorming what to cook for dinner.

"I want Ryujin-unnie's French toast," Yuna suggested, but the others disagreed, as it was nighttime and they needed a proper meal.

Lia's suggestion was to make doenjang jjigae and dakgakjeong for dinner. As the others gathered ingredients, Yeji was standing by the cabinets where the seasoning was, and Ryujin decided to clear the air so things wouldn't be awkward between them later on.

"Yeddeong?" Ryujin said, catching Yeji's attention. Yeji's heart beat faster at the sight of Ryujin standing so close.

"Sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to initiate anything..." Ryujin smiled awkwardly.

"No problem, Lia just happened to push me into you so it's not our fault," Yeji shrugged with a small smile. Ryujin decided to put the incident aside for now and focus on cooking, but she couldn't help but wonder if she should talk to Lia about her crush on Yeji.

Chaeryeong held the knife and asked, "How should I cut the tofu?" Yeji and Ryujin approached to check the size of the tofu, which was in a few pieces but could be smaller.

Yeji reached over and touched the knife. "Here, cut it like-"

Ryujin also reached over to the knife and touched the handle, but the two of them reached over simultaneously, and their hands collided. There was a moment of silence as both of them froze at the sudden contact. Yeji quickly retracted her hand and scratched her nape.

Chaeryeong was confused about why they were so awkward about touching each other's hands on accident.

Chaeryeong asked again, "So cut it like what?" Ryujin snapped out of her thoughts and showed Chaeryeong what she should do. Yeji quickly left the area to check on the other two who were making the chicken and looked a bit messy.

Yuna asked, "Where's the ssamjang?" while looking around the kitchen in confusion.

"I thought you had it?" Lia furrowed her eyebrows.

"Unnie, I can't find it," Yuna replied while still searching. Lia left the pot for a moment to help Yuna find the ssamjang. As Lia scanned the kitchen, she spotted the ssamjang and burst out laughing.