<4>

As Yeji got ready to go out with Yeonjun at my place, I couldn't help but ask, "Are you sure about this?"

"Yes, Ryu. If anything goes wrong, I'll call you," Yeji reassured me with a smile while adjusting her clothes in the mirror.

"I just don't trust him these days," I said, crossing my arms and sitting on my bed. Yeji sat down beside me.

"It's only this time, and he said we'll be at an arcade today!" Yeji's excitement was evident in her voice, and I didn't want to ruin her mood.

"Okay, only this time. I'll trust him," I said reluctantly.

"Wait, eat something before you go," I suggested as we stood up and walked out of my room.

"What do you have?"

"I have salad, sandwiches, PB&J, and I can make French toast right now if you want," I offered with a smile as I went behind the counter of the island in the middle.

"Really? French toast, please!" Yeji hopped on one of the stools and looked around my kitchen.

"I just realized, how do you keep the kitchen so clean? You're a messy person," Yeji chuckled as I gathered the ingredients.

"I like cooking, so I keep it clean," I explained with my tongue sticking out of my mouth as I mixed the eggs, milk, and vanilla in a big mixing bowl.

"What else do you like then? Your theater downstairs has lots of consoles, and it's clean," Yeji asked as she leaned on the countertop.

I turned on the stove and grabbed a frying pan, cutting a small block of butter and placing it on the heating pan. "Well, what does it look like?" I asked with a grin, as I dipped two slices of bread into the egg mixture and quickly placed them onto the pan.

"That you like playing video games?"

"Correct." I chuckled.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her walk towards my fridge and start scanning through it. "Looking for something?" I asked, glancing over as the fridge light reflected off her glowing face. 

"Nope, just seeing what you have in your fridge," she replied, licking her lips as she continued to browse.

As I flipped the slices of bread, waiting for them to cook, Yeji wandered aimlessly around the kitchen. Suddenly, a loud honk sounded outside and her phone started ringing. She rushed to answer it. "Yeonjun? You're already here?" After a brief silence, she spoke again.

Both sides of the bread slices had turned golden, so I placed them on a big plate and grabbed some strawberries. "Can I eat first?" She asked.

I grabbed a knife and a cutting board to prepare the strawberries. 

"Oh, okay," I heard Yeji sigh.

"I was just about to finish making the French toast," I replied, as another honk was heard outside.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"He's telling me to leave right now, and that we'll eat there," Yeji said with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"But I already made the French toast?" I said, holding up the plate towards her.

"It's okay... I'm sorry about this. I have to go now," she said, as another honk was heard, this time lasting longer.

With a sigh, I watched as Yeji rushed towards the door and left after a brief wave.

So much for my homemade french toast.