<5>

RYUJIN

Yeji and I got into my car after leaving the police station. Yeonjun's parents were called because he hit the stranger from earlier. He claimed self-defense, but it was proven that Yeonjun had no injuries, while the other person had many bruises. Yeji and I were released since we didn't injure the stranger. Although my parents were almost called, I told the police officers that I was fine.

The stranger was arrested for attempting to assault Yeji and injuring Yeonjun and me. He drove back with his parents, who scolded him in the car. As we parted ways, I thanked Yeonjun in silence. I drove Yeji back to my house as she asked to spend the night.

"I'm sorry Ryu... I got you involved," Yeji apologized quietly. I reassured her that it was no problem and that I was glad she wasn't hurt.

 The ride was a bit silent as we both had a lot on our minds. I had questions about what happened before I arrived but decided to save them for later as Yeji might still be shaken up.

We arrived at my house, and to our surprise, Yuna was still there, sleeping on the couch. Yeji asked about her, and I explained that I had invited her over to eat the extra French toast with me. We ended up playing some games before Yeji called. I told Yeji not to feel bad about leaving us and headed to the bathroom to wash my hands.

Yeji followed me into the bathroom to wash her hands. I stepped aside after finishing and wiped my hands before going to check on Yuna. I walked upstairs to the storage room to get an extra blanket for her since it seemed like she wasn't going back home. 

Yeji asked if Yuna was staying, and I explained that she wouldn't wake up until 8 or 9 hours later. I asked Yeji to call her mom and let her know. I covered Yuna's body with the blanket and moved her head onto a cushion to prevent a sore neck when she wakes up.

After Yeji called and got permission from Yuna's parents for her to stay over, we turned off the lights on the first floor and headed upstairs. Luckily, all of our parents trust me with having them stay over since nothing bad ever happens. Lia would even stay over for up to three days, and her parents didn't seem to mind.

Initially, I invited everyone over for a sleepover one night when I was bored, since my parents were busy with work. But it soon became a weekly or daily thing, with everyone hanging out at my house like it was their own. When my parents found out, they said it was okay as long as we kept the house clean.

"You can take the first shower. I washed the towel you usually use a few days ago, so don't worry about that," I said, remembering that each of my friends had an assigned towel at my house.

"Ryu, you have three bathrooms. Did you forget?" Yeji asked, reminding me of my oversight.

"Oh, right. Okay, let's go shower. Meet you back here?" I suggested, and Yeji agreed, taking some of my clothes with her since she found them more comfortable.

I must admit, I enjoyed having Yeji stay over and borrow my clothes. She looked good in them.

After my shower, I changed in the bathroom and brushed my teeth before heading back to my room, where Yeji was already sitting in the chair by the study table.

"Your hair is wet. I can dry it for you," I offered, holding up the towel in my hand.

"Yours is wet too!" she replied.

"Well then, let's dry each other's hair," I suggested with a smile. Yeji nodded in agreement, and we both sat on the bed.

"Turn and give me your towel," I instructed her, and she did as I asked, turning her back towards me.

"Mind telling me what happened at the arcade?" I asked, knowing that Yeji might need some time to gather her thoughts. As I squeezed her hair and massaged her scalp, I listened intently to her response.

"We had a disagreement at the arcade, but we quickly eventually got over it and started playing games. But, while we were enjoying ourselves, multiple girls approached Yeonjun for his socials or number, and he didn't turn them down. This made me angry, so I left him with those girls and called you. Then, out of nowhere, the man from earlier approached me and tried to make me 'spend the night with him.' I rejected him, but he pulled me towards the alleyway-"

"I know enough now," I said, putting the towel around her neck and placing my chin on her shoulder as I got closer. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and she immediately held them. That's when I realized she started to sob.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. Thank you for calling me. Something worse could have happened if you didn't, and I don't want that to ever happen to you. I'll always be here for you, okay?" She turned her body towards me and embraced me fully before letting out more tears.

I rubbed her back gently, waiting for her to let it all out. It took her a while, but I didn't mind since I understood how traumatic the incident had been for her. 

She helped me dry my hair before resting on the bed as well.

Now, I'm sitting on my bed, leaning against the backboard, with Yeji sleeping peacefully and holding my hand. To be honest, it felt like a couple thing, but I couldn't think about that right now due to what just happened. I circled her palm before letting go of her hand and turning off the light.

As I rose from the bed, I felt a warm grip on my wrists. I glanced over at the sleepy brunette, her half-opened eyes locked onto mine.

"Stay," she whispered, pulling me towards her, causing me to stumble a little.

"I'm not going anywhere. I was just going to turn off the lights first," I chuckled, taking her hand and prying it off my wrist. She nodded, and I hurried to turn off the lights.

As I made my way back to bed, I laid down next to her, my head resting on my pillow and my hands tucked beneath it for support. I felt her arm drape over my waist and warm breath hitting my arms.

Whenever Yeji and I slept in the same bed as friends, my heart would always race. She often hugged or touched me in some way for comfort, and I understood why. Since she started opening up to me and felt free to share and cry, she had become more affectionate. I knew it was her way of expressing gratitude towards her friends, so I didn't mind. But given my feelings towards her, I sometimes doubted whether her actions were purely platonic.

But I shouldn't be stupid.

She's not into you, Ryujin.

"Goodnight," I heard her murmuring beside me with her adorable and drowsy voice.

"Goodnight, Yeddeong," I whispered back, taking a glance at her face. Her eyes were already shut, and her chest was moving up and down at a slow pace. I lowered my arms back down and adjusted to a more comfortable position, but Yeji still had her arms around me.

What are you doing to me, Hwang Yeji...

-

-

-