<6>

YEJI

I slowly opened my eyes, squinting at the bright light reflecting off the walls. I remembered it was only Tuesday and we had to go to school. Ryujin was sleeping soundly next to me, and I realized that I had my arm over her waist. It was something I did for comfort, but I wasn't sure why. I turned to check the time on the digital clock by Ryujin's bedside and saw that it was 7:24 AM. 

We still had some time to get ready for school. I remembered that Yuna was downstairs, so I needed to wake these two up. I considered shaking Ryujin awake, but she looked too peaceful to disturb at the moment.

I wish I could take a picture of her right now, she looks so cute. 

But only as a friend, of course. 

I love all my friends...

I think.

I snapped out of my thoughts and gently shook Ryujin to wake her up.

"Abu, wake up," I whispered. Her eyebrows furrowed as she groaned in response.

"It's too early," she protested and pulled the blanket over her head.

"It's 7:25 now, and we don't want to be late for school. Yuna's already here, so we all need to shower," I explained, pulling the covers off of her.

She rubbed her eyes, still adjusting to the sunlight streaming into the room. I hopped out of bed and headed to the door.

"Hurry up and shower, I'll be in the other room," I informed her as I left her to her business. Running down the stairs, I found Yuna still fast asleep and gave her a playful slap on the shoulder.

"Don't kill me!" She exclaimed, jolting awake.

"Well, someone had a nightmare." I snorted. "Come on, we need to get ready for school," I urged, receiving groans from Yuna as well.

"Unnie, help me get up!" Yuna pleaded with open arms, but I chuckled and refused.

"No, you're not a baby. Get up and shower. I'll be in the far room, and Ryujin's in her room," I said before heading back to Ryujin's room to grab some of my own clothes.

I decided against using all my stored clothes and instead opted for one of Ryujin's jackets. After grabbing my things, I headed to the bathroom to get ready.

We all kept some of our clothes at Ryujin's place, it felt like we were sharing one house. Honestly, I spent more time here than at my own house, or rather, with my parents.

After showering, I quickly changed back into the clothes I wore the day before to avoid doing extra laundry. I had already dried my hair with the hair dryer as we were in a bit of a rush.

The sound of sizzling greeted me as I walked out of the washroom. Downstairs, I found Yuna sitting on one of the stools while Ryujin was cooking breakfast.

"What are you making, Abu?" I asked as I took the stool beside Yuna, who smiled at me.

"Egg dumplings!" Ryujin exclaimed happily.

It was only 7:45 and she was making egg dumplings? I guess that's how much she loves cooking.

"So, unnie," Yuna turned towards me, looking a bit confused. "Why are you here? Not in a rude way, of course." She quickly added.

"I got a ride from Ryujin after hanging out at the arcade," I said with a smile, deciding to keep the details of what happened to myself for now and share them with the group later.

"Oh, how was it?" Yuna asked.

"It was okay, not the best," I replied, glancing over at Ryujin, who was swaying while cooking, a funny sight.

"Why?" Yuna leaned her head against her hands, her elbows resting on the countertop, her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"I'll tell you and the others later," I said with a small smile, turning my attention back to Ryujin, who was searching for plates in the kitchen.

"Okay then," Yuna shrugged and pulled out her phone, which made me realize I didn't know where mine was.

"Abu, do you know where my phone is?" I asked, getting off the stool. She pointed upstairs to her room without stopping her movements.

"I think it's on my desk," she said as she lifted the egg dumplings and placed them on plates.

I expressed gratitude and then went upstairs to Ryujin's room to retrieve my phone. While there, I noticed the necklace that she always wore, which I knew was significant to her for some reason, but I had never learned the details. Wanting to ensure she didn't forget it, I picked it up and brought it downstairs to give it to her.

"Abu, your necklace," I said, but she was preoccupied with washing the dishes.

"Can you clasp it for me?" She requested, glancing at me with her brown eyes.

"Of course." I moved closer to her from behind and clasped the two ends of the necklace around her neck, admiring it once I finished.

"Perfect," I commented with a smile as she completed washing the dishes.

"Go eat with Yuna before she devours all the egg dumplings!" Ryujin interjected, pointing to Yuna who was quietly consuming her share, leaving only four dumplings when I knew she had made six.

"That's enough, you baby. We each will have two," I declared, settling onto the stool next to Abu, grabbing the chopsticks, and beginning to eat.

Yuna complained about being hungry, but Ryujin had already given her an extra egg dumpling. Feeling guilty for always eating Ryujin's food, I gave her one of my egg dumplings.

"Here, you should have this. You cooked for us, and we're always eating your food." I said, handing her my egg dumpling.

Ryujin looked surprised and confused at first, but then a smile spread across her face.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

I nodded, and she thanked me before taking a big bite.

After finishing our meal, Ryujin drove us to our homes to grab our bags and necessities. Since it was already 8:06, we were running late.

"Shall we meet at the cafeteria later?" I suggested, but Yuna was interrupted by Ryujin.

"No, I'm taking you to your class," she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me toward the history class.

"You don't have to, today isn't even your turn-" I started to object, but someone cut me off.

"Hey, Yeji." Yeonjun chimed. "Ryujin," he acknowledged her with a nod, but she didn't return the gesture.

"Hey, Yeonjun. Thanks for yesterday," I greeted him with a smile, happy to see my boyfriend.

"No problem. I was wondering if I could take you to class bu-" Yeonjun was interrupted by Ryujin nudging me towards him.

"Go ahead. See you in the cafeteria later," she said before leaving abruptly, which was unlike her.

"Well then, I guess we should get going," Yeonjun suggested, bringing me back to the present.

"Sure," I agreed, and he escorted me to my class. As he stopped me, he pulled on my arm, and I looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"Can we talk after class?" he asked nervously. I wondered if it was okay, as Lia was supposed to pick me up today.

"Sure, what about?" I asked.

"Us," he replied, and I nodded with a small smile. If this conversation goes the same way as the one at the arcade, I don't know what to do.

-

-

-
the track spoiler is so good 😞😞