Chapter 2

Xiao Zhan stood out of his office chair with a victorious smile after finally earning a feedback from Yibo's entertainment telling him that Wang Yibo has officially agreed to stand as the global ambassador of their new product and is scheduled to sign the contract with them today.

He was quite hopeful that he'll be able to talk to the latter yes, but he's a little afraid he won't be able to resist the fanboy urge to just squeal and blush like a fool in front of the idol, so a day before d-day, he talked to the mirror from morning to bedtime to practice his expression like a teenage girl having her first puppy crush.

"President Xiao, you seem happier today than usual, you're even blushing." His secretary greeted him with a surprised stare right after she entered his office.

"Am I? You must be seeing wrong, I'm always like this." He looked at her smiling from ear to ear, spinning his office chair like a little kid.

"Actually, I find you more scary like this." His secretary awkwardly laughed, handing him all the papers that he needed before excusing herself. "If you need help chasing after someone, you can call me anytime, I'm the best wingman in town."

"...shut up."

"Oh right, the contract signing with Wang Yibo is under an hour, will you meet him yourself?"

"Yes."

"Alright."

Xiao Zhan thinks he must've overestimated himself... He found his legs all wobbly inside the elevator, his hands sweating and cold. Just what in the world was this!!

"Is there anything wrong?" Ziyi had raised her head in interest. "There's no way president Xiao is nervous?"

"One more word and I'll fire you."

"Do it ah! I'd even thank you if you do. If I only read the contract properly I wouldn't be stuck here anyway." The lady continued to tease him, seemingly enjoying herself.

Zhan and Ziyi were bestfriends since diaper days, they've basically known each other all their lives and got through every stage of life together. Ziyi didn't plan to be stuck with him even in work, he just had to trick her to sign a 10 year contract when she was drunk during their graduation party! Therefore, she's been working for Xiao Zhan's company for almost 8 years.

"I doubt you'd even be in the right state of mind to speak properly when you're drunk." Xiao Zhan snorted, his body relaxing somehow. Ziyi was a pretty good companion, he wouldn't know what to do if she wasn't by his side to ease the inborn awkwardness in his body every time. "You were crying over your little omega that day, I remember you howling like a four year old cursing the hell out of him."

"Don't remind me of that!"

Before he could reply, the elevator opened.

"If you really do want to help me, do you think I can pursue Wang Yibo?" Meng Ziyi immediately understood what he said and shot him a surprised look.

"Zhanzhan is liking someone?!?"

"Quiet down!" He stared at her with a deadly glare. "Are you the only one allowed to like people in this office?"

"What's even more shocking is, you fell for a male omega? Wonderful! Female omegas are bitches, you finally made a good decision in your life."

"How did you know that he's an omega?" Xiao Zhan tried his very best to gather information about Wang Yibo, yet he never really knew wether he was an omega or not.

"Seriously da-ge? You have no idea what his second gender is and you're willing to risk it with him??"

"Well Suo'er already identifies him as his father."

"What?!?" Ziyi could not hold the embarrassment any longer. "Slow down ah ge, you don't even know each other yet and you already told your son that he's his father? What type of delusion is this??"

-During the contract signing-

Wang Yibo came with his assistant, a female intern who's been working for him for almost two months, the two of them arrived earlier than the suggested time, giving Xiao Zhan a hint of his working ethics. Wang Yibo is very diligent, he thinks.

"Good evening, Secretary Meng, President Xiao." He did a full 180 degree bow, greeting them with the warmest smile on his face. To Xiao Zhan, this was nothing but surprising for a rising idol who's gained the attention of all locals and even people abroad, even rookies in the entertainment industry don't act like this anymore! It seems that Yibo was really a different case.

"Good evening, Mr.Wang." Zhan returned the smile, still trying to calm himself down after sitting on his chair. Wang Yibo was even more handsome in person!! He couldn't help but blush.

"Is President Xiao okay? You seem a bit red and distracted." Yibo stared at him astonished, as if he found the other a bit cute.

Meng Ziyi on the other hand was trying to hold her laugh the whole time, trying to take as many candid photos as possible to preserve the current moment.

"It's not that bad, just got a small headache. We can proceed, no need to worry about me."

*Meng Ziyi on the corner* : Xiao Zhan you're a liar!

And they got straight to it, after Wang Yibo read through the contract, he wasted no time to sign the papers confidently, handing them to Zhan as soon as he finished doing so.

"Thank you for signing the contract with us! Hope we'll have a successful cooperation." Xiao Zhan beamed a smile, shaking hands with the other.

"We surely will." Yibo grinned, then excused himself the next second. "I'm sorry I have to leave now, we got something coming up an hour from now so I can't stay to discuss everything with the both of you any further." He said apologetically.

"You don't have to worry, we completely understand!" Meng Ziyi exclaimed loud and clear before shaking hands with him too. "Have a safe trip, hope we meet again soon."

"I hope so too!" Wang Yibo bid goodbye for the last time. "By the way President Xiao, you look even better personally than those photos online."

•••

"Ge, are you still breathing at this point?" Meng Ziyi has been trying to put up with the other for two hours, and he still doesn't seem to be over what Wang Yibo has said earlier. "I am about to walk out on you if you don't start talking in a minute."

"Jie, I think I'm about to explode." Xiao Zhan finally replied shyly with his face completely flushed, both his hands covering his cheeks.

"You've completely gone insane for a celebrity ah da-ge, what's the difference between you and those girls who cry over him all day now?"

"I'm different because I'm his future husband and he actually called me handsome, those girls can't compare to me."

"My god Xiao Zhan! Why do you sound so drunk right now?" Ziyi didn't know if she should be embarrassed over how the other was acting or laugh because she hasn't seen this type of Zhan for years now. The last time he acted like this, it was when he and Suo'er's mother just got together.

Maybe Xiao Zhan was too indulged in the thought of Yibo complimenting him that he didn't realize that everything he practiced the night before was not put into good use, he was not able to get the other's number on top of that.