Chapter 9

Going abroad to do business and talking with others to build connections were things that Yibo has been used to since he entered stardom, but today he exceptionally felt very uncomfortable and dizzy with so much different alpha pheromones mixing around his nose, maybe because the inhibitor had just taken effect and he hasn't fully recovered from the side effects or even worse, his heat was approaching.

Why was he not sure about his heat cycle? His body has been so used to inhibitors that they barely ever come and if they do, it would be very painful and often lasts for a week or so. It would also cause his pheromones to explode and attract a lot of predators because of his unique scent. (and take note, the inhibitors he uses are not sold in the market and are more costly, normally only celebrities or people who want to conceal their second genders would use this type of inhibitors.)

He didn't want to overthink much so he acted natural and tried his best to not inhale too much pheromones by covering his nose.

He also met a few familiar faces and very close friends, like the alpha named Cho Seungyoun who was a person he trained with before and the omega Zhao Liying whom he's worked with in a few acting projects. With them accompanying him he wasn't too bored just sitting and staring at the models taking turns to walk on the runway.

This Cho Seungyoun in particular was a very close friend of his and one of the only people who knows his second gender, they've known each other for a pretty long time and lived together before they even differentiated so the other was kind of familiar with his body language and immediately knew that something is wrong.

"Yibo, are you okay?" He asked in a worried tone, observing the other further to confirm his hunch.

Yibo assured him with a smile, replying "I'm fine, it's just been a while since I've been in such a big event, I just need a few hours to adjust." It was evident in his face that he was feeling uncomfortable though, his lips were turning pale and his hands were a bit cold.

Cho Seungyoun tries his best to believe him, but when a sudden scent exploded around the area that cant be even more familiar to him, he immediately became alert and assisted the other person.

"Your pheromone is leaking." He whispered, advising Yibo to leave the area at once. "All the others we're sitting with are betas and omegas, you should leave before those bastards spots your scent, I'll help you find Ding-ge in the crowd, just find a place to hide in." Seungyoun's glands wasn't in the absolute control and he also felt himself getting distracted, but knowing that he needs to help a good friend and has to control himself, he did his best to suppress his scent and remain calm.

Yibo also understood his body and didn't try to act tough. He ran to the nearest restroom and hid there, luckily the restrooms in the venue were gender neutral and are separated based on the second genders so he was confident that no predator alphas would be able to reach him.

He knew that he attracted attention and had to leave in a hurry, with so many people here he didn't believe that no one wouldn't tell the media about the situation, especially because there are so many people jealous of him inside the industry.

He just wished that he'd be able to resolve the situation later on and didn't have to go through so much criticism. He knew it was too much but he still hoped that this wish would come true.

Cho Seungyoun steadied his breathing and started looking for Yibo's manager in a hurry, blocking himself from thinking about Yibo's lingering scent on his clothes. He was positive that the other wouldn't bother sticking around too many rich people and should either be waiting in the car or outside the building.

He searched for his phone, rummaging to all the wechat numbers saved in his friend list to see if Ding-ge's number was still there.

As if a deity was granting his wish, he found the other's number after searching for almost 3 minutes.