Too good to be true (NEW YEAR SPECIAL)

A/N : ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE. This chapter goes against the storyline's current time lapse and is unconnected to the plot!

Was suppose to publish this on the 1st of January but I got pretty occupied by irl stuff so ToT

Happy New Year everyone!!!

"How long will you be away?" Xiao Zhan took his time fixing Yibo's scarf, worried that the latter might catch a cold on his way to the airport.

"1 week." Wang Yibo displayed an unwilling look, holding onto Xiao Zhan's clothes and fondling with it to entertain himself while the older is busy fixing his attire for him. "Ge, why don't you go with me? I'd be extremely lonely all alone."

"Baby, be good." The older comforted him with a pat on the head. "After your schedule we can visit your parents in Luoyang together, do you want to spend new year's eve with them? We can fetch Suo'er on the way, for sure my parents would be glad that I take that pain on the ass son of ours away before their hair starts falling off because of him." Xiao Zhan has always been gentle with Yibo ever since the both of them got together, he's nothing but understanding and mature when it comes to their relationship, sometimes even Yibo cant comprehend his care and affection that he often catches himself muttering that his boyfriend really is too good to be true.

"Really?" Yibo's sour face immediately turned lively, embracing the older like there's no tomorrow. "You said it yourself, you can't take it back." The younger smiled from ear to ear, giving the other a peck on his left cheek. "I love you, you're the best boyfriend ever."

"Of course I am, Wang Yibo only deserves the best of the best." Xiao Zhan replied with a cheeky smile, pinching both of Yibo's cheeks. "Do you want me to send you off the airport?"

"Zhan-ge??? This can't be a joke, I don't take jokes. You have to send me off now that you mentioned it yourself." The younger could not resist his joy and squealed silently, peppering Xiao Zhan's face with kisses. "You're really the best, the whole world would be envious of me if they knew that you're my lover."

"Oh baby. Even without me, the whole world is already envious of you."

Xiao Zhan's remark made Yibo's face red all over.

"So cheesy!" He exclaimed.

Yibo has long been easy to please, a single compliment can light up his day, physical affection from people he likes energizes him more than anything. Yet when he met Xiao Zhan, who's made him experience all the joys of love and further expands his expectation towards other people did he only realize the difference between genuine affirmation and flattery. Genuine affirmation is what his lover is giving him now. Flattery is what most people inside the industry assures you of, flattery has two sides of a coin, they'd like you if you benefit them, they won't give a fuck about you if you don't. you can't expect anything from words of flattery.

When they arrived on their destination, Yibo couldn't help but put on a gloomy face. Saying that he doesn't want to be a celebrity anymore is selfish, Ding-ge still has a family to feed and is heavily reliant on this job to sustain a stable life, plus if he doesn't earn anything, how can he support himself? Anyway he can't always bother his Zhan-ge with this stuff, so although he's long got tired of this set up and has been waiting for the chance to tell everyone that he no longer wants to be a star, he chose to put all of his worries aside and patiently wait for his contract to expire, which wont happen until 4 years later.

"Good boy, take care of yourself while your away hm? Message me everyday okay?" Xiao Zhan had just finished unloading his luggages, handing all three of them to Ding-ge. "Ge, I'm handing Yibo off to you, please call me if this little brat causes you any troubles."