𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

There were many things in Velaena's life she was not able to control, the fact that she was born a bastard was one. She knew she wouldn't have a say in a lot of things as she grew up, but she never thought that it would apply in her own marriage. she was just 9 when her childhood ended.

Velaena always hated her long brown locks of hair, but she had always treasured the one lock of silver hair she had hiding in the back of her head. Her mother would say that it was a symbol that she was a Targaryen just like everyone else, especially when she doubted her place.

there had been whispers that one of the bastards were to be married off, but not once had she thought it was her. she was always an independent girl, never wanted to ask for assistance of any kid, but this was the one time she wanted to ask for help to get out of this arrangement.

Although she is young and cant be married just yet, the thought of being made into a breeding machine for her husband petrified her. Helaena had tried to reassure her that it wasn't going to happen but it wasn't like they couldn't see the even that was going to unfold.

Velaenas long brown hair swayed from side to side as she made her way to the council chamber. she had already seen what was going to happen so it shouldn't of scared her as much as it did. she had gotten to the entrance of the chamber and sighed.

As much as she wanted to deny it, her life as she knew it was going to be over the moment she stepped foot into there. she took a deep breathe before entering and the guards opened the door, allowing her to slowly walk in.

the chamber doors closed behind her and everyone's attention had turned to her. in front of her sat her mother Rhaenyra, her father Laenor, her grandfather the king and the queen Alicent who gave her a small smile.

one person she had not thought would not be there is Aemond. she had made eye contact with him and instantly knew, it wasn't Aegon she was going to be betrothed to, it was Aemond. she had seen Aegon in his place in her vision, but her vision had failed her.

"please take a seat" her grandfather coughed taking a seat himself. she sat opposite to Aemond but he dared not to look at her. Her mother who was to the side of her, held her hand under the table and her father who was sat on her other side gave her a reassuring look.

"the reason we are here is to discuss your betrothal" he admitted. Velaena had felt her heart break into a million peaces even though she knew it was going to happen. Although she had seen him say those exact word before she never wanted to believe it, especially since her mother had promised her she could marry for love.

" you are to be married in 6 years time, when you are 15" he carried on. Velaena had never expected for it to be so soon, she knew that after today her childhood would be over.

" your betrothal will strengthen the family" Alicent spoke trying to put a positive to this heartbreaking news. Velaena didn't care if it was to strengthen the family, all she wanted was to be happy and free.

" may i go back to my bed chambers" Velaena almost chocked out. the room had fallen silent and before anyone could get a chance to say something Velaena was already up and out of the room. her mother went after her but she was already gone.

Velaena tried to control her tears as she walked through the halls but as soon as she reached Helaenas room she burst into tears. Helaena comforted her even though she knew it would be no help. She was always there for Velaena when she needed her, whether she was upset or just needed someone.

A few moments after Velaena left, Aemond had gotten up and left too. He never wanted this but he had been preparing as his mother always told him the possibility of it happening. He had wanted to get along with Luke,Jace and Velaena but the hatred his mother had for their mother had always gotten in the way of the friendship that could have been.

in all honesty she wasn't mad at the choice of person she was betrothed to, it was the fact that her mother had promised her she could choose who she married, and she wanted to marry for love, not to strengthen the family.

A few moments later Aemond burst through Helaenas chambers and saw Velaena teary eyes on the floor. Helaena had gotten the hint and left closing the door behind her leaving the two alone.

"i'm sorry for running out like that" Velaena spoke wiping her tears. Aemond looked at her, his eyes the softest they've been. "It's okay, you wanted to marry for love and i'm not that" he said in a softened tone.

"i promise when the time comes ill be the best husband, and if I can't manage to make you love me, I promise to try and make you happy even if that's not with me". The two stared at each other and that is the most connected they have ever been, and will be for the longest time.