𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫

when rhaenyra had told velaena there was some news that needed to be shared she worried. she didn't know whether it was good news or bad but hoped for some good news. she headed back to her room just as her mother wished and she freshened up.

She put on a yellow dress and left her hair down. it wasn't just quite time yet for dinner so she took a stroll around the castle in search for rhaena and baela. she headed to the library which is where baela mostly spent her time.

Not to her surprise baela was sat there reading a book. baela normally kept to hereself, didnt get into any drama, stayed focused on important things in her life.

"my mother says there is news to be shared at dinner" velaena smiled catching baelas attention making her look up from the book she was so fascinated by.

"and do you know if this is good or bad news?" she questioned, "wait, did you do something? how many times have i told you to stay out of trouble" she scolded.

"i haven't done anything this time baela, but hopefully its good news" velaena spoke taking the book from baelas hands and placing it down.

"Let's go find rhaena" she continued, leaving the library and baela following behind. Velaena asked baela if she knew where her sister would be and she suggested her chambers.

They quickly headed to rhaenas chambers and found her there along with Luke. They were playing some sort of game but velaena told them about the dinner and they headed to go eat.

They entered the dining room and sat down. Jacaerys was already sat there with rhaenyra and daemon.

Rhaneyra had a worried look on her face when she she was watching velaena, almost as if she regretted something.

"mother you're looking at me like something is wrong. Is there something wrong?" Velaena looked over to her mother. Rhaenyra was silent, all the attention turned to her and velaena.

"yes there is" rhaenyra paused not wanting to continue, "vaemond has questioned the legitimacy of Luke, and his claim to driftmark. They are also questioning yours and jacaerys legitimacy." She paused seeing the shocked and confused look on everyone's faces

Velaena soon realized what her mother was so anxious about. She didn't want to believe it not for one moment but it was true.

"Which means we will be heading back to kingslanding, and due to that your betrothal to aemond will happen" rhaenyra almost whispered.

velaenas eyes swelled with tears. It had been 6 years since she last saw aemond or anyone else for that matter. Those 6 years should have prepared her for this but it didn't.

There were whispers among everyone talking about what was going to happen. then she realized, aemion. what was she going to do about the man she actually loved. she didn't want their love story to end.

She never realized that someday she would have to eventually give aemion up. And the worse thing is that aemion never knew of this arrangement between her and aemond. no one dared to discuss it so he never found out.

"i do not want this news to frighten you all" but before rhaenyra could continue velaena got up from her seat and left. baela tried to follow after her to see if she was okay but rhaena stopped her.

velaena went to the only person she could think of, her father. she found him guarding outside and run up to him. she hugged him tight and cried. he didn't ask any questions, he just held her. he let her cry in his arms until she wanted to speak.

"i have to marry aemond when we head back to kingslanding" she blurted out. harwin didn't know they were headed back to kingslanding so it was a shock to him too.

"oh my sweet girl" he paused looking at velaena, "i will protect you no matter what. i promise" he smiled while wiping her tears. "i am betting ser aemion doesn't know of this arrangement".

velaena released from the hug that she gave her father, she knew she had to go and tell aemion even if it would break his heart. she instantly rushed around the palace in search for him and eventually found him.

from when he first saw her in that moment he knew something wasn't right. they sat down on a bench outside and velaena took aemions hands.

"i never thought this would actually be true," she paused, "just before i left to dragonstone my mother and grandfather made a plan to betroth me to ser prince aemond when I became the right age. And as it turns out we are heading back there soon which means im going to have to marry him" she blinked back tears watching aemions face drop.

she knew his heart had broken into a million pieces and so did hers. he instantly released his hands from hers and stood up."so you're telling me that you made me fall in love with you even though you knew you were going to marry another?" his voice shakes.

velaena couldn't get any words out, she wanted to tell him how she never thought the betrothal would happen but she knew he was right. She fooled him into believing they were going to be together forever, she even fooled herself too.

"i need to go" aemion chocked out leaving velaena there. she felt tears swell up but wiped them away.she knew she couldn't change anything and that this was her destiny, she just hoped that she would have seen it.

Velaena headed back to her room knowing that aemion wouldn't forgive her, who could blame him. He just found out his love for velaena was fake and that they were destined to never be. She arrived at her chambers and saw her mother waiting.

"i am so sorry velaena, i have done everything in my power to stop the marriage since we first came to dragonstone" rhaenyra pleaded. velaena looked at her mother with stone cold eyes.

"what happened to marrying for love?" velaena questioned, "you told me that i could marry for love and not be forced into some marriage like you was! Aemion is my love and that's who i wish to marry but i cannot because of some deal you made to strengthen the family!".

Rhaenyra was taken back. she didn't know how to respond because she knew in some way her daughter was right. she made a promise she knew she couldn't keep and now it has come tumbling all on top of her.

"i wish to be alone i do not want you here anymore" velaena whispered walking away from her mother, "make sure to close the door on the way out" she sighed laying down on her bed. Rhaenyra soon left after to give her daughter some space.

Velaena was lying on her back contemplating on what to do, whether she fly to old valyria with aemion or if she shall marry aemond, the man she didn't love. she knew flying to old valyria would never work but she wanted to have hope, that maybe things might work out for her and aemion, well that was if he still loved her.