𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫

Warnings: This chapter may involve mentions of attempted SA. If you are uncomfortable with this please click off this chapter. I wish you all the best 💗

~~~~~~~~

"It all happened so fast. One minute he was here, with me then he was gone. He didn't deserve it, no one deserved his ending...." - Velaena

~~~~~~

"aemond.." The white haired girl spoke, nerves running through her like a wild wolf in a forest.  She stood there not knowing what to say next, desperately waiting for him to make the next move.

"Velaena.." he answered back. His body leaning over her almost like a tower. Making her more intimidated. Aemond was very tall, compared to most of the men in the castle he was much larger. And velaena wasn't.

She was short, shorter than both her brothers Lucerys and jacaerys although she was close in height to Lucerys she was still much smaller. She didn't mind it though, she rather liked it but it was occasions like these that she wished she was taller. She didn't want to feel belittled, she wanted to feel confident but having Aemond stand in front of her, it was rather daunting.

Velaena looked cluelessly at aemond wondering what is was that he wanted, why he decided to see her after days and days of ignoring her. The last the two communicated was when she had decided to go on a ride with Dallax and he decided to join. But that was the last he spoke to her or was in her presence.

"My mother requested to see you in her chambers, and she sent me to tell you" Aemond released before turning his back and tried to leave.

"What's your problem?" She spat, his feet stopped in his tracks and his head peaking over his shoulder waiting for her to speak even more. "You've not spoke to me or looked at me in days, what's your problem?" But he didn't respond, his feet began walking again until eventually he was out of sight.

Velaenas feet began walking, in the opposite direction to where her husband had gone. They walked through the halls full of people, up the stone cold stairs and eventually to where Alicent was. Her chambers gave a cold chill to her spine, causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up.

She always hated this part of the castle, no good ever came from being here. But she took a deep breath in, bit her tongue and pride and knocked. She didn't wait long for alicent was already by the door waiting her arrival.

"Come in" she motioned stepping to the side allowing Velaena to step in. That cold sensation grew the minute she stepped in those doors. She knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant talk, any talk with Alicent wasn't pleasant.

Alicent walked over to the old chairs placed next to a table and velaena did the same. The two sitting opposite each other, nervous to speak.

"How has marriage been treating you dear child?" Velaena cringed at the last part, all those years of Alicent torturing her mother, calling her and her siblings bastards and targeting them all for her to act sweet to her but she played along.

"Well apart from my husband ignoring me, I would say it's fine" she smiled back fiddling with her hands, a nervous response if you will.

"I'm sure Aemond doesn't mean to, he has been very busy with training and his duties" She said making up excuses for him. Out of all of her children is was very obvious to everyone around that Aemond was her favourite, by far. So her making up excuses for him wasn't a surprise.

Velaena scoffed before leaning back on the chair, almost a way to show that she was fed up with the conversation already but Alicent had already guessed that the moment she stepped foot into her chambers.