𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

velaena chased after aemion wanting to explain everything to him, to tell him that nothing had happened between her and aemond. But she didn't know why she cared so much, they were over.

She eventually caught up to him and grabbed his hand forcing him to turn to look at her. she could see his eyes were swelling, almost as if he was going to cry.

"aemion i promise you nothing happened, we were just standing together and i was saying his eye had healed" velaena tries to justify but aemion looks away.

"oh really?" he scoffs, "so why were you standing so close to him then?" he turns back to look at velaena and she cant answer him because a part of her knows what would have happened if aemion hadn't walked through the door.

"i was trying  to see what his eye looked like. and since when do you care? we are over aemion!" velaena shouts at him her face turning red in anger. aemion releases himself from velaenas grip and storms off but this time velaena doesn't chase him.

Velaena heads off into the other direction trying to collect her thoughts together, she walks through the halls in a fit of rage and without realising she bumps into someone. they are only a few feat taller than her.

she hears the person tell her to mind where they are going which catches velaenas attention making her look up and as she does she sees alicent. The two stood there shocked staring at one another not knowing what to say.

"hello alicent, long time no see" velaena says with a smug look on her face while seeing alicents face drop. All those times she would mock velaena for her brown hair has come back to haunt her especially considering she now looked like the typical 'targaryen'.

"v..velaena" alicent barley gets out looking at the girl in front of her up and down trying to figure out if this was truly velaena, but it couldn't be. the last time she saw her she had brown hair not silver.

"i'm sorry I can't stay and chit chat, my brother has requested he see me in his chambers and don't worry alicent I've already re-united with aemond" velaena nods her head towards the queen before walking off to her brothers chambers.

It had been 6 years since she last saw alicent and she could tell that she hasn't changed a bit, she knew she was still that cold hearted person who liked to punish her and her siblings for just being born. she was the same person who was angry at the fact her and rhaenyra never worked out.

jacaerys had requested to see velaena at his chambers as soon as they had arrived but of course, velaena had a few distractions she had to take care of. Velaena knew why her brother had called her to see him.

She knew that it would be to talk about the marriage between her and aemond and that jace was going to tell her to not go through with it. It's as though he thought that she hadn't had those thoughts before but she knew it doesn't work like that.

she knew that it was an agreement and there was no way of escaping it but she had come to peace with the fact that she wont get to marry for love and she was slowly becoming okay with it.

she arrived outside her brothers chambers and the guards let her in, she walked in to see jace standing on the other side of the room pacing back and forward.

"jacaerys i already know that the reason i'm here is to talk about the marriage between aemond and-" but before velaena could finish what she was going to say he had interrupted her.

"you need to know how to act like a proper lady" he looked away, "if you are to marry aemond you cannot act like how you act back home. he will not put up with your stubbornness. you will also need to know how to fight and defend yourself just in case anything happens".

Velaena was stunned, she hadn't known where all of this was coming from, her brother was the one to always tell her to be who she was and to not pretend for anyone so for him to be saying this must have some sort of reason but before she could question he continued on.

"i know this doesn't sound like me my dear sister but I've heard things from the maids, especially about aegon and i would hate for it to ever happen to you so starting later tonight you will take lessons on how to fight and i pray you shall never have to use it".

velaena had also heard whispers of what aegon is capable of but she never thought aemond could be capable of it but she agreed to the fighting lessons because she knew it could be a helpful skill to have.

"im your big brother, its my job to keep you safe and to leave you here after you get married knowing you cant defend yourself i couldn't live with it" jace smiles looking at velaena before hugging her.

"you do realize i cant fight, i remember me beating you in plenty of fights" velaena smugly says pushing jace in a playful way. Jace shook his head laughing knowing it was true. his sister was in fact stronger than him, mentally and physically.

"velaena, your wedding is to be soon you do realize that right?" he questioned suddenly going all serious. velaenas face dropped, the realization hit her like a ton of bricks. in a few days time she is to be Aemonds wife and shes going to be made to squeeze out hairs for him, which is her worst nightmare.

"i know that, and I've come to terms with it so you don't need to worry about me okay? and besides ill visit you all the time so you wont miss me too much" velaena nudges him putting on a fake smile. She started doing that a lot, especially because she doesn't want to worry the people around her.

"I'll be okay, i promise" she locked pinky fingers with her brother to lock in that promise even though she knew it was not true, she didn't want her brother to worry. She was going to go through with this marriage and she was going to strengthen the family.