𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐬

Velaena and her dragon dallax are what you call platonic soulmates. Her mother had chosen the egg for velaena when she was just a baby. Dallax is the son to syrax.

Velaena and her brothers were taken to train their dragons but  Aemond was still unfortunately without a dragon and he hated it. She had heard her brothers and aegon conspiring a plan up and it involving a pig.She took no notice of it but secretly she was curious.

The man had given velaena the look of approval for her to say the words she had been desperate to say. "Dracarys!" she shouts full of pride and along follows a mouthful of blue fire spilling out. Dallax was still a baby so he was quite small. Aegon often laughed at her for this but she didn't care, at least she was grateful enough to have one.

Lessons were done and Velaena could hear Aegon tell Aemond how they had found him a dragon. She was so happy and gave him a smile but he didn't seem that happy. Luke had gone to fetch it and they stood there waiting.

Luke came from the pit with a pig with fake wings. Aemonds face dropped and they all started to laugh except Velaena. she gave Aemond a sympathetic look but he just walked off. She glared at all of them and they fell silent. She thought about going after him but she didn't want to embarrass him.

Velaena left the boys and headed to Helaenas chambers. Helaena was also without a dragon but it didn't really matter that much to her. She had always been fascinated with bugs and creatures of all kind.

On her way to the chambers she was stopped in her tracks and there stood Alicent. she gave Velaena a sympathetic smile but she held her tongue from saying anything.

"if you want to say something you might as well spit it out" Velaena commented walking past Alicent and her following behind.

"i know you're not happy about this arrangement but you're going to have to accept it sooner or later" alicent finally spat out, walking side by side with velaena. velaena didn't even bother to look at alicent because she knew if she said something she would be in trouble

"it could be worse for instance helaena, she got the worse end of the deal" velaena snickered. Alicents expression dropped from a calm look to an angry look.

"what makes you think Helaena's marriage to aegon is bad?" She spat out. Velaena stared at Alicent my for a few seconds before she  stopped and went into Helaena's chamber's making sure to close the door behind her so that alicent couldn't get in.

"I'm guessing that was my mother you was running away from" Helaena spoke looking up from the insect she had placed in her hand. She examined the 8 legged creature and had a fascinated look on her face.

"how did you know" velaena replies back with a sarcastic tone. Helaena's chambers had always been a comfort place to velaena, whenever she wanted to escape she would go there.

"my mothers going to try to persuade your mother for you to marry jace instead of aegon" velaena Spoke looking at her with pitty. she shot a small smile back at velaena but continued to stare at the insect.

rhaenyra entered the council chamber and took a seat at the table across from alicent, the girl who she had once loved. They gave eachother a small civil smile towards one another then rhaenyra spoke.

"I propose that we wed jacaerys and helaena, I will also give aemond the next egg that my dragon syrax lays" she said full of pride.

"we have no reason to marry the two, velaena and aemond are already to be wed so therefore she can continue to marry aegon as planned, and as for your offer of syrax's egg we will kindly decline it" alicent spat out not daring to look at rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra had promised velaena that she would try her best to convince alicent to marry jace and helaena instead of her and aegon. She wanted to make sure this promise pulled through as she couldn't do it for her daughter.

She knew if she could get helaena and jace to marry then maybe velaena wouldn't have to marry aemond. She knew jace had a crush on helaena ever since they could walk so the idea of them being married wouldn't be as painful as velaena and aemond.

Rhaenyra gave alicent a sad look knowing that nothing was going to change her mind and that velaena was going to have to marry aemond. She was about to speak again but alicent had stopped her and gazed down to her dress.

Her upper half of the dress had leaked with milk. The rest of the council turned their attention towards her and in embarrassment she sat down, and that was the end of that discussion. The council had discussed more issues that needed to be addressed but rhaenyra was too embarrassed to care. The meeting was over and she had gone to fetch velaena to tell her the news.

She had reached Helaena's chambers and took a deep breath in. She knew this would be the second time failing her daughter and it killed her. All she ever wanted to do was give her daughter everything she wanted and now it was the opposite.

She opened the doors and walked in taking a deep breath. One glance towards her daughter and she knew. Velaena knew that the attempt to change the wedding for her best friend failed. And now she would have to see her best friend marry a pig.

"I'm sorry helaena, I tried to persuade your mother but it didn't work" rhaenyra explained. Helaena didn't react. She didn't speak,move or even look disappointed.

""You tried your best, but it's destiny for me to marry him" she smiled softly. She got up from the floor and placed the 8 legged creature in its container. She then grabbed a book and sat on her bed. Velaena and rhaenyra left leaving helaena to be on her own.

"I really am sorry velaena, I tried to negotiate but she didn't listen" rhaenyra pleaded. "I know you tried, and that's all that matters" velaena smiled back at her and they walked into their separate rooms.

Rhaenyra was later speaking to jace about the fight that broke out between ser harwin and ser Criston. It all had started because aegon and aemond where at an advantage to jace and Luke.

"Is ser harwin my father?" He spat out glaring at rhaenyra. She was at a loss for words and all she could say is that he we a Targaryen and that's all that matters. She knew he would find out one day but never imagined it to be so soon.

Rhaenyra had gone to find leanor to tell him that they would be leaving. She told him about the servants whispering and how velaena and jace know. He agreed on leaving and they decide to flee to dragon stone.

She knew that it would be better if they were to leave. It could mean that her children could bond better with ser harwin. And that they wouldn't have to be hidden.

Later on there was a fire that started mysteriously in ser harwins chambers. Thankfully he hadn't been in there at the time but many lives where lost due to it. The fire had only given rhaenyra more of a reason to flee to dragon stone.