𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

velaena was awoke by her maid coming in. for a moment she had forgotten about the situation with aemion and the marriage with aemond. her maid informed her that her mother wishes to see her downstairs at breakfast.

Velaena quickly changed and headed to see her mother, she already knew what her mother needed as she saw it. she hadn't had a vision in a while and the one time she did she saw her mother asking her to accept the marriage.

she walked into the dining room and saw her mother sitting alongside the daemon. she took a seat opposite her mother not saying a word. daemon looked like he didn't want to be there and shortly ser harwin walked in apologizing for being late and stood to the side.

"velaena I've asked you here to talk to you and hope that you would accept the marriage between you and aemond" rhaenyra sighed looking down, she had tried everything in her power to stop this arrangement but there was nothing more she could do.

"i don't really have a choice do i?" velaena questioned looking from her mother to her father, she hadn't known why daemon was there considering he wasn't even her father, and her actual father couldn't bear to look at her. No one said anything, not a word.

"I'm guessing your silence is a no" she continued, "fine, i suppose i am to marry aemond as planned".

"we will be flying back to kingslanding later today, please pack your stuff. i will send some maids in to help you" rhaenyra ordered and velaena nodded leaving. ser harwin followed her out and caught up to her.

He called her name a number of times but she carried on walking, he grabbed her arm and turned her towards him. his eyes were soft as he hugged her. "i promise you this, when the time comes i will walk you down the isle and i will stay with you for as long as you need" he smiled.

velaena nodded her head knowing that he would keep his promise. she headed back to her chambers and began to pack when luke knocked on her door. he was let in by the guards with his arms behind his back like he was hiding something.

He revealed a little box with a pink ribbon wrapped around it and he gave it to velaena. It was her birthday soon so Luke thought she could have it as an early gift.

She unraveled the bow and opened the box revealing a necklace inside. It was a silver necklace with red stones around it and a big circle hanging with a red stone in the middle.

It was gorgeous, and it looked very expensive. "Luke, thank you so much" velaena smiled hugging her brother. She instantly tried putting it on but her brother helped her.

"It's so I'm always close with you, plus it's an early birthday present" he responded finishing putting the necklace on her. velaena admires the necklace before wrapping her arms around luke.

"its beautiful, i love it" velaena says pulling from the hug. he soon leaves and velaena continues to pack her stuff. she is unsure if she should pack everything because who knows, she might not be returning.

some of the servants help her and they are half way through and there are already a whole lot of bags, but then she remembers that dallax will be going with her too.

she was always close with her dragon, they had a bond which no one could understand. Dallax could tell if velaena was upset, happy or angry and she could tell his emotions too. That's what made their bond so special.

She also realized that she could get one last ride in with him, one last freedom ride because after that she would be married to aemond.

"excuse me princess, but ser aemion has requested to see you in the courtyard" one of the maids says which catches veaenas attention. she got up from packing and headed her way there.

the whole walk there she was anxious, she didn't know if it was a good or bad thing that he wanted to see her.She could feel her palms get sweaty from being nervous and she kept running over what she was going to say in her head. And then she saw him, he was in his Armour looking as handsome as ever.

"aemion.." velaena barley says, aemion turns around looking at velaena as if nothing happened. Admiring her beauty as he did before.

"velaena," he pauses for a moment almost hesitant to say anything but before he could velaena speaks, "aemion this relationship between us isn't going to work out i'm sorry" she blurts out not looking at him.

she knew that this was wrong of her and it shouldn't end this way, she turned to leave but aemion grabbed her arm. "don't walk away" he says, "you don't call it quits like that! okay i'm sorry but not every man you let into your life is a bad guy that you cant trust, " he grunts.

"really aemion?" she turns to look at him, "what are you" she questions.

"i am someone who shows up when you need-" but before aemion could finish velaena interrupts pulling her arm away from him.

"i don't need you!" she spits with tears in her eyes knowing that what she just said isn't true but she had thought over this situation a million times and knew it was the right thing to do.

It looked like aemions heart had broken into a thousand pieces and he couldn't get any words out, not even to tell her that he still loved her but before he could she left, not looking back once.

Velaena arrived back to her room tears flooding in her eyes, her maids gathered around her to see what the matter was but it was too overwhelming she locked herself in the bathroom to escape the madness, and after a while the maids and servants had left her room too.

She was sat on the bathroom floor, head resting on her knees when a peace of paper slipped under the door with some writing on it which said, 'dear princess, it is time for you to head to kingslanding. your mother requested i come fetch you but i wanted to give you some space. all your luggage is packed up and on the boat and dallax is all saddled up waiting for you'.

Velaena cleaned herself up and took a walk around the castle one last time, knowing she wont be returning for a very long time. she said goodbye to her favorite people and headed to the dragon Pit where she saw dallax. She climbed him and realized she hadn't said goodbye to aemion but maybe it was for the better.