2 Nickels. No,

The next day...

Kyla

"Kyla, this is my mom. Mom this is Kyla. She's Cormac's guest that arrived a few days ago." Emily introduces us. The beautiful lady who I now know is Emily's mom shakes my hand with a friendly smile.

"His sweetie." She says.

"Is Cormac the handsome one that picked us up?" She asks Avery. He nods.

"He's a dear friend of my family." I tell her. She nods. I catch sight of Donno and Tanya, waving at them with a smile, which they return. I like to go to their diner a lot. They're good people.

"Well, I'll see you later Emily," I tell her as I see Cormac. I run to him immediately.

"Hey, Kyla." He sighs and pulls me into a hug.

"Are you okay?" He asks me. I nod and we pull apart.

"Are you okay? Did Cassie say anything was suspicious?" He shakes his head.

"She couldn't get a good look at the body in the dark. But it's definitely the missing backpacker." He tells me. I shudder and hug him again.

Third Person

"You sure they're just family friends?" Carla asks her daughter. Emily looks at the hugging pair before looking back to her mom.

"Mom, ew. Yes I'm sure. I found out, Kyla's mom left her to fend for herself, she was running the supplies shop in town on her own for like a year."She pauses as Carla grits her teeth.
"Yeah, terrible,huh? Anyway because of him, she has a new family and an easier life." Emily explains. Carla brightens up at the news.

"Well, that's wonderful then. Well, not her mom leaving her, but Cormac sure is a great person to do that." They continue eating. 
________________|||_______________
Days pass by and I have a blast, almost forgetting all about the backpacker. I had the chance to catch up with Donno, who had been another regular at The Stop. He used to feed me real food when he'd seen me eat nothing but junk from the store.

Eventually I'd just meet him at the diner and he'd cook something just for me and Tanya. It was one of the few good things I had while being on my own.
_______________|||_______________
I look out of my tent after I hear Emily yelling Luke's name. I see him walking out of camp and her following him.
I run after her and catch up after a few minutes.

"What's going on?" I ask her when she finally notices me.

"Something spooked Luke. He looked like he was convinced that if he stayed, he'd die or something. He left in a hurry." She explained.

"Theres so many things that aren't connecting here." She continues.

"You know what I think?" I ask her. She looks at me as we walk.

"I don't think it is all connected. Or at least it wasn't until everyone ended up at this camp. It's weird. The missing backpacker, Luke being sketchy and Paige gone all of a sudden. Hell there's even a case from like 20 years ago being put into play. My hunch is that there's one person that's connected, if not connecting everything that's gone wrong. I just can't figure out who."

"How do you know all of this?" She asks me.

"Dewell and Hoyt are PIs in town. They're investigating this stuff. And it looks like we're investigating Luke and Paige. May be they'll be connected to this all too. Or may be they won't. May be they're their own mystery."

"Do you see him any where? It's getting dark." We look all around us and sure enough, Luke is out of sight. We keep walking and calling after him.

"Kyla? Where are we?"

"I don't know. I'm so sorry, Emily. I forgot my radio, too. I thought we'd convince him to come back within a few minutes or something. Or that we'd stay on a trail."

"No it's not your fault. I would've gotten lost alone if you hadn't followed me." She assures. We keep calling for Luke, for anybody. I walk ahead of Emily as I see a figure on the ground. It's Mary, another camper. She's dead. Her eyes are open. Shit.

"Mary?" Emily calls. Then she realizes she's dead. She starts to scream just as I see the knife wound. Looks like it's from the back. I don't see a pool of blood, though.

"Emily! Wait come back we have to get help!" I walk towards where she ran, trying to keep my eye on the body. I stay where I am. I should of ran after her, I realize as I look at the body, trying to be careful not to get too close. A few minutes pass by and I try not to let my mind overthink what I'm experiencing right now. I hear a noise in the distance.

"Kyla! I got help!" She yells. Help? How is someone close when we're a ways away from camp?

"Kyla? You alright? C'mon sweetie you don't need to be seeing that." It's Buck, Sunny's husband.