In Trouble

Emily and I make tea for ourselves and Denise while she and Cassie talk updates on the case.

"So you're like my sister now, huh?" Emily blurts out and I almost spit out my tea. I look at her like she's crazy.

"It's just temporary custody. He's not my dad. He's yours." I say, shrugging.

"Yeah, but he could be." She says as she shifts on her feet.

"What do you mean?" I ask her, sitting my cup down.

"He already thinks of you like a daughter. Heck, you already act more like him than I do." She chuckles, taking the tea bag out of her cup.

"He does?" I ask her. She looks at me with a small smile.

"Trust me. I know my dad."
————————————————————
We spend the next few days helping with cases and sorting through documents. Emily keeps teasing me when Beau refers to both of us as his girls. I've had the chance to spend more time with him lately, which has made me feel a lot better. I didn't realize I had made him my comfort system until I wasn't able to see him at all. Emily keeps telling me it's healthy to have someone to depend on, but it feels illegal regardless.

As the case unravels and we find out Paige is alive and Walter is Sunny's son. Also that he's not a murderer. It just make me more anxious. Who did all of this then? Cassie seems to be closing in, but she won't share the information with me. Cormac only tells me how angry he is with his parents, mainly his mom. I do my best to comfort him, but he's going through a lot more than anyone can bargain for.

Currently, Emily and I are waiting for Cassie and Denise to get to the office so we can go through a bunch of evidence together.

Suddenly, we hear the door opening, and we call out to our expected arrivals. They don't answer. Instead the light goes out, and a figure walks up to us. We're both frozen as we see the gun in his hands. _________________________________

Third Person pov

Beau runs into the office, where his two daughters were supposed to be. But as Cassie says, they aren't there. The only trace of them is their stuff and a knocked over table. Beau's heart stops.

"Okay, lets think, why take Kyla and Emily?" Jenny ponders Beau's rage sets in, and he knows who he has to find.

"It's gotta do with Avery and the money he stole. I have to find him."

"Do you want me to go with you?" Jenny tries to comfort him. He shrugs it off.

"No. Get a response team ready, k? But I don't want anyone doing anything without checking with me!" His voice gets louder with every word. With Beau's mind ready to resort to torturing someone in order to find his girls, he sets off to hunt Avery down. __________________________________

Emily and Kyla are tied up in the backseat of some suburban.

Kyla stares their kidnapper down as she attempts to comfort Emily by scooting as close as she can to the crying girl. Kyla's no genius, but she know who she's looking at. The bleeding heart murderer, the man that tried to kill Paige, and the man who will most likely kill her. Buck Fucking Barnes. If they have any chance of surviving, it'll be because they were smart about what they did.

Emily didn't seem to get much of the memo, as scared as she was of Buck, that didn't stop her from yelling for help the minute Buck stopped the car to find  another ride. There was a man walking out, Emily got his attention, while Kyla tried to gesture that Buck would probably see this, and attempted to warn the man as well.

He didn't see him in time, then he was dead.  This man was smart, and stronger than them both. In Kyla's mind, they had no chance of survival. They were dragged into the back of a trailer, put with the dead body of they man they flagged down.

She had to do her best to keep Emily from looking at him. Throughout the night, Kyla was left with her thoughts. And she realized something.

What she didn't think of at first was the fact that they were both bargaining chips. The police were onto Buck, so he kidnapped them in order to get a leg up on the Sheriff. Probably hoping to torture him, which worked.

Kyla wasn't sure if his ultimate plan was to kill them, or lock them up somewhere. Would he just kill them and bury them in the woods? Kyla's bravery dwindles.

In reality, she's even more frightened then Emily. But if she cries now, then she's given up. So she won't. Emily would have to do that for the both of them.