3 Nickels

"She was stabbed to death." I tell him.

"Oh god." He put his hand on his forehead.

"We need to get her back to camp." He says.

"No! You can't tamper with the crime scene, Mr. Barnes. Are you crazy?" I yell. He puts his hands up.

"Some predator is gonna feast on her organs, and tamper with her body anyways, we need to get her elsewhere." He explains. I protest the entire time back to camp.

"This is Paige's stuff, too." Emily cries.

"You we're right, Kyla." She sobs. I bring her into a hug as we walk towards the campers, who have now spotted us. I wrap my arms around myself as Buck explains why Mary's dead body is on his horse. Her friend goes to her and cries. Emily drops Paige's stuff and runs to her mom. Someone calls 911. Tonya and Donno follow me as I walk to my tent, startled, tired, and scared. What the hell is going on?

"Ky, are you okay, sweetie?" Tanya asks as I sit on my bed. Donno pulls a chair in my room to the tent entrance, sitting in front of it. I shake my head.

"I feel sick." I say.

"That's good, it's a normal reaction." Donno says. I nod, pulling my legs to my chest. Tanya grabs my hand, sitting next to me.

"Just remember everything is going to be okay, alright? You're safe, Beau will make sure of it." I look to Donno who awkwardly nods, trying to be comforting. I smile lightly.

I see my phone has one bar of service which was enough for me to get a text from Cormac. It was a picture of a red haired young woman and a baby.

Cormac:
Hold onto these for me will you?

Me:
That must be your mom, is that you as a baby?

Him:
No.

He then sends me the picture of a hospital bracelet.

Cormac:
I also found out my dad never sold the suburban Cassie was tracking down. The one that burned.

Me:
Send me a pic of it.
You think your parents are hiding things from you?

Cormac:
Dangerous things. I'm at their house right now and I just found these.

Me:
Look more. Send me pics of whatever you see that could mean anything. Stay away till tomorrow. Something terrible happened, I'm okay but your parents are gonna need you here. Good luck... tty tmrw.

Cormac:
Yep
"Kyla!" Beau's panicked voice rings through the camp. I look at Donno and Tanya.
"Okay,"

Third Person

Beau, Cassie, and Jenny scramble to make it to the camp. A body was found. Beau knows his daughter found it according to Sunny.

"Daddy?" Emily calls as she spots her dad. She runs into his open arms.

"Hey, come here. I got you, I got you."
He takes her head out of his chest.
"You okay?"

"I was trying to find Luke, I followed him into the woods and she followed me. We got lost. She's the one that saw Mary first. I thought she was was still alive but she knew. I ran away and left her with her body. I can't imagine how she- I didn't mean to." She starts to sob again.

"Hey its alright." Beau comforts her. They start to converse about Luke missing and gathering th rest of the campers when Beau remembers his daughter's words.

"Wait, who saw the body first?" Beau passes Emily into her mothers arms as her and Avery approach. Buck answers.

"Kyla. Cormac's guest-"

"Kyla found her? Where is she?" Beau asks. Cassie and Jenny go on high alert.

"You know Kyla?" Avery asks. Beau doesn't answer but starts to look around.

"Kyla!"

"Beau took guardianship of Kyla a while ago, when Cormac told us to go see her. We found out she was alone and he took her in." Cassie explains. The group looks on in shock.

"What?" Emily questions, looking at her mother who puts her hand on her forehead.

"Check all the tents." Sunny tells the staff.

"Kyla! Kyla!" Beau spots her.

"Kyla, sweetie." He goes to approach the girl.

"Her eyes were open, so the attacker obviously caught her by surprise." Everyone looks to where Kyla is standing. She had walked out of her tent and towards where Jenny stands next to the body.

"Kyla don't look." Beau tries to intercept by grabbing her shoulders.

"I didn't see a pool of blood but the ground was dirt-" Everyone looks at each other as she speaks.
"Kyla it's okay you don't-" Jenny tries to stop her rambling.

"-and she looked like she'd been there for a while so the ground might have soaked it up or her body was moved-"

"Kyla-" Emily whispers.

"Oh my god." Carla says, feeling terrible for the girl.

"-along with Paige's things. There was a trail of clothes leading to Mary's body."

"Kyla stop." Beau pulls her in for a hug.

"Why did it have to be another dead body Beau? Why can't I find a three leafed clover? Or the end of a rainbow?" She whispers, her eyes closed.

"I'm so sorry." He says.

"Did she say another dead body?" Buck asks.

"She saw the missing backpacker. She was with us when we found him." Cassie says. There's a resounding
"Oh my God." Around the camp then.

"Where's Cormac?" Jenny asks.

"He's in town. He texted me a little bit ago." Kyla says. Beau pulls away from Kyla to talk to some other officers.

"Look Kyla, we need to go look for Luke, okay? You need to stay here, and You'll be looked after just fine, okay?" I shake my head.

"I'm not risking it, Kyla. Stay." He says as he walks away. I walk after him anyways. I really wish I didn't. Why did I? I didn't want to be alone. That was what I was thinking the entire time. The other cops didn't question my presence so I just went with. I just didn't want to be alone.

How could I have known? I wasn't even thinking straight, not after seeing that. I now know I have terrible luck. And as soon as I get a glimpse of Luke's body, suddenly I'm throwing up everything I ate today. Which wasn't much I assure you.

The sound alerts Beau of course, who looks more devastated than disappointed or irritated. I didn't know why I thought he'd be angry at me like it was my fault these people were dead. I wipe my mouth with a blanket that is offered to me. We're now back at camp.

"I need to get you out of here." Beau says.

"No. I wanna be there when you question everyone. I'm fine." She says.

"No, no! Hell no." Beau tries to argue.

"Beau it's important that I'm there." Beau tries to say no again but Cassie and Jenny back her up.

"She says she's for it, plus she'll be more distracted if she puts her mind to this."

"You stay right by my side, ya hear?"

_______________|||_______________
"You don't even so much as look away from this general area without me." Beau sits me next to Jenny.

"Hey, hey." He gets my attention.

"You're gonna get through this." He says with complete confidence. I nod back, and they start the interviews.

"Can I have a pen and pad of paper?" I ask Jenny. She smiles and nods, reaching next to her and handing me the items.