Chapter 11: First Mission

Ruby opened the door to her room, still smiling and holding hands with Izuku. Yang, Blake, and Weiss shot forward, Yang asked: "What happened?"
And Weiss asked: "And why are you two holding hands?"
Izuku and Ruby realized they were still holding hands, they immediately let go of each other's hand with a blush on their faces. Izuku then said: "Let's just focus on Yang's question, okay?"
Blake asked: "So... What happened?"
Ruby replied: "Well..."
Scene change.
Ironwood said: "Well, there we have it. We send as many troops as we can to the Southeast and find out exactly what's going on and eradicate every force that stands in our way."
Glynda replied: "Why must you answer to everything, involve in a triumph of military bravado? You treat every situation like it's a contest of military po..."
Ozpin cut her off and said: "Glynda!"
Glynda replied: "Well he does."
Ozpin said: "She is right. As much as I love to end this situation once and for all. We must remember that this may go beyond Vale, beyond Beacon and if this is truly part of some master plan that we know is not the final move then we mustn't be so bold or we can risk the spread of panic."
Ironwood then said: "I have served you carefully for years. But if you mean to tell me that your plan is to merely hold the defenses and wait...."
But Ozpin cut him off and said: "It's not! You're general James, so tell me when you're u prepared to go to war, which do you send in first the flag bearer or the scouts...?"
Weiss said after Izuku and Ruby explained what happened earlier: "That was a risky move."
Blake said: "No... I think you two handled it well."
Ruby said: "I hope so."
Izuku said: "Don't beat yourself, Ruby. We went in blind and we didn't know what she was capable of."
Ruby replied: "I guess."
Yang said: "I'm sure everything will be alright, Ruby. Oh, I know what will cheer you up."
Ruby asked: "And what's that?"
Yang said: "I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it together."
Ruby high-pitched then jumped at Yang and tried to reach for the package.

"Ruby high-pitched then jumped at Yang and tried to reach for the package

Yang shook it a bit and it dropped something. It shaped into a corgi dog and barked. Izuku thought: "A dog sent in the mail... How the hell? You know what I lost my brain cells.'
Ruby does a pose and said: "Zwei."

Blake asked: "He sent a dog?"Weiss asked: "In the mail?"Izuku said: "I was about to ask the same thing

Weiss asked: "In the mail?"
Izuku said: "I was about to ask the same thing."
Ruby was cuddling Zwei and Zwei licking Ruby, Yang said: "Oh he does stuff like this all the time."
Blake asked from the bunk beds to get as far away as possible from Zwei: "Your father or your dog?"
Weiss said while looking at Zwei that was held by Ruby: "Are you telling me that this mingy... drooling...mud... is going to live with us forever. Oh yes, he is, yes he is."
Blake said: "Please keep it away from my belongings."
Then Professor Goodwitch talked over the intercom and said: "Would all first-year students please report to the theater?"
Weiss said: "We can't actually leave him here when we are gone for a week."
Izuku was playing with Zwei while others were thinking about a solution, Izuku said while belly-scratching Zwei: "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy? You are."
Yang said: "Look there is a letter."
Yang said out loud while reading a letter: "Dear girls I have to leave the island for a few days, so I'm sending Zwei to you to take care of, and here is the food you need. Love you both Tai Yang."
Zwei jumped out of Izuku's lap and walked back to Yang who held the package upside down and shook a bit then all the cans of food fell on top of Zwei.
Weiss asked: "What is he supposed to do with that?"
Yang shook it one more time and a can opener fell out. Yang said: "Well that settles it. Come on girls and Izuku, Zwei will be here when we come back."
Yang, Blake, and Weiss left the room leaving Izuku and Ruby behind. Zwei looked at Ruby who was thinking
Izuku broke the silence and said: "Well if we're going to take him with us then we better find a way."
Ruby jumped in surprise, she said: "I thought you already left."
Izuku replied: "Well no... You're my girlfriend Ruby, I will never leave by my side."
Ruby blushed and smiled: "Thanks Izuku, I have such a caring boyfriend."
Zwei whined, Izuku and Ruby looked at it and head patted Zwei, they both said: "Don't worry Zwei, you're awesome too."
Zwei barked happily, Izuku smiled and said: "I want to help."
Ruby replied: "Yeah, but how? We need to hurry."
Izuku said: "Well let's get into it then."
Small time skip by Izuku and Ruby playing fetch with Zwei.