Chapter 12: The Reason

Obbleck said: "Children, you may still be students. But for this moment your first mission as Huntsmen and Huntresses has begun. From this point forward you have to do exactly what I say, do you understand?"
They all nodded at him, Oobleck said: "Ruby, I thought I said to leave your bags behind at school."
Izuku sweated and thought: 'Oh no.'
Ruby nervously said: "But you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."
Obbleck said to himself: "She's not wrong."
Obbleck said to Ruby: "Very well Ruby, leave your bag here. We can pick it up upon our return."
Ruby said: "But I-whaa."
Obbleck said: "Young lady, what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important for you to bring it-."
Zwei then came out, the team looked at Zwei and Ruby whispered to it: "Get back in the bag."
Zwei barked at Ruby and Oobleck said: "We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teaming with death and hostility.... and you brought a dog?"
Izuku sweated nervously and thought: 'We are screwed.'
Ruby tried to say: "I... Umm... Uhh..."
Ruby whispered to Izuku: "Izuku help me, please."
Izuku whispered back: "What am I supposed to do?"

"Izuku whispered back: "What am I supposed to do?"

Obbleck said: "Genius."
He then picked up Zwei from Ruby, spun around, and said: "Canines are historically known for their good noses and their good hearing. Making them excellent companies for Huntsmen like us."
Ruby said cheerfully: "I'm a genius."
Yang facepalmed, Weiss, looked disappointed, Izuku just chuckled. Izuku remembered and said: "I just remembered something."
5 of them looked at Izuku who pulled out 5 small pieces. Weiss asked: "What are those?"
Izuku replied: "Earpieces, will help you contact far away without using the scroll to contact your team. No matter how far or you lost, your team can still hear you and help you. Even if you want to call one person."
Blake replied: "Does it work?"
Izuku replied: "Let's find out, put them on your ear, you tap it and you can say whatever you want."
Five of them put the earpieces on and Yang said: "Neat."
Izuku said: "I will test it out by walking a few meters away. Ruby, you tap it and say it, okay?"
Ruby replied: "Okay Izuku."
Izuku walked 100 yards away and thumbed up to signal them. Team RWBY and Doctor Oobleck looked at each other, Weiss said to Ruby: "Well, say something to him."
Ruby tapped on the earpiece and said: "Do you hear me, Izuku?"
They waited for a few seconds, and Izuku replied on the other side: "Loud and Clear, Ruby."
5 of them were impressed by Izuku's invention, Izuku walked back to the team, and Oobleck who said: "Splendid invention Izuku, splendid. Now we don't have to use our scroll to contact our team members."
Blake asked: "So what are your orders doctor Oobleck?"
Oobleck replied: "Ah straight to the point I see, I like it. As you have been informed the Southeast area has been marked as a recent hotspot of Grimm activities. Now there are several possible explanations for this behavior, one of which being Grimm."
Ruby asked: "Umm...what?"
Oobleck replied: "Grimm, a creature of Grimm approximately 100 yards from us at this very moment.
Yang said: "What?"
They all turned around to see one Beowolf lurking around, they all took out their weapons and aimed except for Oobleck who said: "Stop."
Blake asked: "Huh?"
Oobleck said: "There are a number of reasons why Grimm would congregate in this particular area. The most likely would be negativity, sadness, loneliness, and hatred. All qualities are likely held by our hidden group harboring ill intent."
Ruby asked: "So what now?"
Oobleck replied: "We wait. We track if this specimen leads us to its pack. That pack may lead us to our prey."
Yang asked: "How long do we wait?"
Oobleck replied: "It's uncertain, hours, days, weeks. Why lone Grimm have been known to stand isolated from the packs for months... And there's the whole pack."
Weiss asked: "What?"
Oobleck said: "And now they have seen us."
Izuku said: "That was fast."
Ruby said: "I think tracking is out of the question."
Oobleck then said: "An accurate assumption."
Yang said: "What's the plan then?"
The five all looked back at doctor Oobleck who said: "Show me what you're capable of."
Ruby said to Zwei: "Cover your ears Zwei."
Zwei covered its ears and Yang was the one to charge on a Beowolf and she delivered a punch in the head processing killing it, she then proceeded to charge into more Beowolves.
Blake slowly grabbed her weapon, she used her semblance to distract the Grimm while she backflipped over it and cut it in half. She then did the same move on two more Grimm.
Weiss used the precise strike to kill a Beowolf that jumped toward her. She then took a stance and shoot herself toward with the help of her Glyphs. When she moved at the Beowolves, she delivered precise strikes to the Beowolves. When she was past them, they all fell dead on the ground.
Ruby used her sniper rifle from her Cresent Rose to take most of them out. She took a stance and aimed her sniper behind her, she then charged forward then used her sniper to boost faster. The Beowolf and Ruby then both jumped and when they cross in the air, Ruby sliced it in half.
Izuku who was surrounded by nine Beowolves, Izuku extended his wrist blade and used his speed. He charged toward and in a few seconds, eight of them fell dead to the ground either got sliced or stab.