18

backstory of Yoon Areum
also the backstory of Jeonghan's past when he saw his "mother" die in front of him
____________________

Once upon a time, there was a woman who was poor but very beautiful. She was known as the goddess of the small town and her name was Areum. When she met Yoon Siwoo, she fell in love at first sight, but he also did. After months of talking to each other, Siwoo asked her out and told her the truth about his status. "It'll be alright," Areum said, gently giving her boyfriend a kiss on the lips.

A month passed by and she met the other princes and princesses. Areum had became close with Hwayoung, as they were partners in crime. "Siwoo seems so in love with you." Hwayoung teased making Areum giggle a little as she nodded before looking back at her boyfriend.

"He's so sweet, but anyways what about you and Juwon?" Areum asked, noticing the blush spread across Hwayoung's cheeks. "Yah." She said jokingly pushing the younger.

A year had passed by and Areum groaned as she threw up whatever she ate into the toilet. "Sweetheart, maybe we should take you to the doctor." Her mother said as she rubbed her daughter's back. "Alright," Areum said as she sat up straight, and got up slowly with her mothers' help.

Later on the day, Areum was at the doctor's as she didn't want to wait any longer than she had waited. "Shin Areum." The doctor called, making the young lady stand up and follow the doctor into a room. "Well, with all the tests we conducted you are about a month into pregnancy." Areum looked up as she was confused.

"I am pregnant?" She asked placing her hand on her stomach. "Yes, by how you told us your heat was last month and with all the morning sickness." The doctor explained making Areum nod as she thought about how to tell her boyfriend about this. "Thank you." She said bowing to the doctor and leaving the room.

When she arrived back to her house, she saw her boyfriend standing there looking devastated. "Is something wrong?" Areum asked, worried as she stood in front of Siwoo who gently shook his head. "We need to break up," Siwoo said making the young girl look at him in the eyes. "W-What?" She asked tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm being forced to marry Hong Aera." Areum looked down before letting out her tears. "Fine, but just know...I am pregnant with your child." She said before walking inside her house, leaving the future king standing there in shock.

Five years had passed by and Areum smiled at her son who was interested by the flowers outside. "Mama! This flower is pink!" Jeonghan giggled as he picked it and handed it to his mother who took it while smiling. "Is papa coming today?" He asked as he sat beside his mother who sadly smiled.

"I don't think so." Jeonghan pouted before seeing his aunt come up with gifts. "Auntie!" He giggled getting up and running up to her. "How's my favorite nephew?" She asked before looking at her sister seemed happy as she watched her son run to her sister. "Good!" Jeonghan giggled as he then was picked up.

Areum's sister was the only person who helped her twin sister with her pregnancy as their mother died two months before Jeonghan was even born. "Did you buy bread?" The five year old asked as he tilted his head, making his aunt giggle before nodding.

"Excuse me." A man said making the adults look back, only to see guards surrounding them. "Yes?" Areum asked getting closer to her sister and son. "We need you to come with us, and bring the young one." The guard said before seeing how Areum was took a deep breath as she gave a small smile to him. "Okay, but can you give me a minute." The guard nodded as he watched the three of them go inside.

"Hannie, be good and stay right here...okay?" Areum said to her son who nodded as he was placed on the couch before slowly falling asleep. Soon Areum looked at her sister who seemed to be doing something. "Give me your outfit, we're switching places." She said making her sister shake her head. "Jae, you cannot do this." Areum said trying to stop the older twin.

Jae looked at her sister before smiling, "We promised to protect each other no matter what." She said before finally managing to get her twin sister to switch outfits with her. When they finished, Jae grabbed Jeonghan before stepping outside. Of course the guards were dumb enough to realize that the woman standing in front of them isn't Areum.

"Shin Areum." A whiny voice said from behind making Jae roll her eyes. "How dare this baboon pick an annoying bitch over my sister." She said in her mind as she turned to look at Aera standing there. "What do you want?" Jae asked holding Jeonghan close her as she tried to protect him away from the queen.

"You ruined my husband's life." Aera sneered as she then looked at the little boy in Jae's arms. "How can I ruin his life, if he chose to be with me in the first place?" Aera rolled her eyes before having guards grab the child out of Jae's arms making her trying fight back before being pinned down.

Jeonghan woke up and looked around, only to see his "mother" being pinned down. "Mama." He called out trying to escape the grip of the guard. "Hannie stay back." Jae said grunting as she tried to move the guards off of her. "You are a disgrace around." Aera said before looking at one of the guards who nodded and pulled out his sword.

"You shall be executed and not exist in anyone's life again." The queen said as she watched how Jae was going to die, but forgetting that Jeonghan was right there watching his "mother" die. The five year old let out a scream as he kept moving to be let down and go up to Jae's lifeless body. He sobbed as he was put down and went up to her body, "M-Mama!" Jeonghan called out, crying as he then looked up at Aera who stared at him.

"Take him to Siwoo and remove the body." She told the guards as they took Jeonghan away from his "mother." When Jeonghan was taken to the king, he immediately took in his son who sobbed into his shoulder. "M-Mama gone..." He cried making Siwoo sigh as he held his son close to him. "You'll stay with me, okay?" Jeonghan nodded as he held onto his father's shirt.

[Present Time]

Jeonghan sighed as it's been over a week since his heat ended, but as he laid in bed with his husband, he couldn't help but rethink back when his so called mother was killed in front of him. "You alright?" Seungcheol asked playing with his hair as he watched his husband being in deep thought. "Just thinking about how my mom was technically my aunt as both her and my mother are twins." The younger mumbled as he looked at his husband with a small pout.

"Really?" The older asked turning to face his husband who nodded as he relaxed a little. "Mama, always told me how they pulled pranks with their mom." Seungcheol chuckled before giving Jeonghan a peck on his head. "You've never met your grandmother?" The alpha asked watching as his husband closed his eyes, as it was late at night. "No, she died from a disease before I was even born." Seungcheol nodded as he chuckled once Jeonghan was trying to go to sleep.

"Sleep my love, you are tired especially since your heat ended." The younger nodded as he smiled before slowly going to sleep while being held tight by the alpha.

~tbc~