04

Unzipping a large clear ziplock back, Exodus's face immediately frowned up at the strong and peculiar scent of the marijuana inside of it

"Ion like that. What is this?" He held his mug, looking at one of his workers that had just brought it to him.

"Let me see." Semaj, his best friend and right hand man, grabbed it from him to take a whiff as well. He passed it back just as fast as he grabbed it, a frown now on his face as well.

"It's what Lamar gave me." The work, Jo, stood kind of stiff on the other side of Exodus's desk.

"Word to who? This ain't none of my shit. This shit mad funky. L Way ain't give you no shit like this." Exodus walked from around his desk, and he watched as Jo took a small step back, nervously fidgeting with his hand.

"I-um, I-I got the last bag, maybe it's a bad batch?" He managed to stutter out, and Semaj chuckled from the side of him, pulling his gun from his waist.

"Ok, ok, ok wait! Listen I-my bag got st-stole out my car while I was at a shorty house. I bought some from Dre to replace it. I didn't think n-nothing of it, it looked aight. Man, please." He held his hands out in front of him in a protective stance, and Semaj put his gun down.

"Why the fuck you buying shit from a dope head? Ain't no way you thought that shit was good. It's probably crack in this shit." Exodus pushed the bag against his chest, watching as he stumbled backwards from how hard it was.

"Take that shit to L Way. I'ma get up wit' you later." Not even feeling like bruising his fists right now, Exodus gestured him out of his office.

"Scary ass." Semaj laughed after bucking at him, which caused him to flinch out the way, before rushing out of the office.

Exodus shook his head at them both, sitting back behind his desk with one of the real bags of his product that didn't smell like a raccoon's ass.

Today had been his first day back at his spot, and he'd spent most of it getting shit in order the way that he preferred it to be. Semaj had held it down while he was locked up, but was a little reckless with his authority and mostly just had fun being 'boss' rather than actually getting shit done.

Over the last three days, Exodus had been ducked off with Siraj at her house. He didn't even feel like leaving her this morning, but knew that he had stuff to handle today. He wasn't planning on seeing Semaj when he arrived at the spot, and now he felt guilt about being with his best friend's younger sister.

When Exodus and Semaj were younger, they'd always said that they'd fight all of Zara and Siraj's future boyfriends since they were the big brothers. He knew that they were grown now, but Exodus also knew that Semaj would cause hell if he knew about the two of them being together.

He could admit that Siraj's age and who she was played a big part in why he hadn't had sex with her yet. Being with her was already foreign as it was, but fucking her too? It made Exodus feel disgusted with himself for even being attracted to her in that way. She was supposed to be his little sister.