08

Emerging from his all black GMC Yukon truck, Exodus pulled his jeans up while simultaneously closing the driver's side door

Emerging from his all black GMC Yukon truck, Exodus pulled his jeans up while simultaneously closing the driver's side door. He headed up the path to his parents house, shaking his head once he was able to just walk right in.

Even though they lived in high-class suburbs now, Exodus still had to repeatedly remind his parents to keep their doors locked. Just because they were in a better environment didn't mean that they couldn't end up as a lick.

"Ma?! Why the front door unlocked?" He called out into the house, putting his keys in his pocket as he walked further in the house.

Not receiving a response, he shook his head again at the voices he was able to hear from the back patio since that sliding door was wide open as well.

"Oh, hey baby. What you doin' here?" His mother, Deborah, casually greeted him as if she'd done nothing wrong-which to her knowledge, she hadn't.

"Ma why that front door unlocked and pops ain't here? What I tell you 'bout that, woman?" He leaned down to give her a hug, listening to her chuckle at his statement.

"You ain't nobody damn daddy. It's 'bout ten Ruger pistols hidden in this bitch." She waved him off while he sucked his teeth at her vulgarity.

"Wassup mama? I ain't even see you over here." He hugged Semaj and Siraj's mother, Sinatra, as well.

"Yeah 'cause you 'bout big as a swole ass F-1 Ford 50 truck." She held her cup of hot tea in her left hand while using her other to hug him back, and he rolled his eyes at the sound of the women's joint laughter.

It was pretty obvious where Siraj got her smart mouth from. Her mother's comebacks were unmatched, and her father could definitely attest to that.

"Y'all so lame. That's why a nigga don't be over here now. All y'all old ass do is talk shit." He sat down in a chair at the patio table that they sat at, mildly joining in on their laughter. It was a funny joke, he couldn't lie. Plus, he really was a tower standing next to them.

"And who gon' beat our ass?"

"Nobody."

"Mhm, yup. Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout." Sinatra gave her best friend a high-five, and Exodus sat there trying to figure out how they were so caught up in TikTok lingo. They probably used the app much more than he did.

"Where you coming from, son? Being fast somewhere? Making me another grand-baby I hope." Deborah closed her crossword puzzle book after putting her pen in the middle as a place holder.

"Y'all always think I'm being fast. Youn' think you would've been had a grandkid from me if I was?" He chuckled, shaking his head as she whistled.

"You could be like ya' uncle and just have strong pull out ga-," Sinatra was cut off once Exodus covered his ears, saying 'La La La La La' to childishly drown out what Sinatra was about to say.