21

Siraj was awoken to the sounds of knocking on her front door, causing her to reach over to tap Exodus awake so that she wouldn't have to get up

Siraj was awoken to the sounds of knocking on her front door, causing her to reach over to tap Exodus awake so that she wouldn't have to get up. When her hand touched air, she groaned in frustration, realizing he most likely wasn't home.

As she contemplated on getting up, she heard the security system alert that the door had been opened, followed by two familiar sets of voices, seemingly bickering with one another.

"Don't come in here 'cause I'm naked." She called out, knowing the two would burst in there had she not warned them.

"Girl I don't give a fuck. It's twelve oh-fucking-clock. Why you still sleeping?" Zara entered her bedroom, closing the door behind her to shut Emari out.

"I'm not going. Don't come in here being loud either." Siraj pulled the covers further over her head, blocking out the sunlight that Zara had just let in by opening the curtains.

"Bitch how the fuck you not going to your own baby shower? Get yo' ass up and stop playing before I call my brother." Zara fussed at her, going in the bathroom to start her best friend a shower to prepare for the day.

She didn't respond to Zara, and remained in her place underneath her weighted blanket. She wanted to cry, but couldn't find a reason to as of yet. She was sure she'd have one within an hour or so though.

Today was January 4th, just a couple days after the new year of 2023, and a little over a week after Christmas. Siraj hadn't been in the holiday spirit for either, and not just because she was thirty pounds heavier with a baby that was due in two weeks.

Christmas wasn't the same this year, due to Siraj's father still not being on speaking terms with her or her boyfriend-and the same with Exodus's father. You would think they would've been got over it since her relationship didn't directly affect them in any way, but they hadn't.

Even though they were still briefly going through that mishap, they still all got together at Siraj's parents house, and it was the most awkward environment ever. Siraj cried the whole day.

She did get a lot of gifts, some for herself as well as being gifted things for her unborn child; which she was entirely grateful for. The presents didn't make her feel any better though. Not to mention, her brother had spent Christmas in a holding cell after being caught with his gun that was registered under his name.

It was just an emotional day for her overall. Her man did all that he could to make it better, but the funk that had set in on her mood didn't go away, and it was still lingering over a week later.

Today was supposed to be a good day though. It was the day of her baby shower, and it was supposed to start in two hours. Yet here she was, still looking like yesterday. Exodus had kind of figured she wouldn't want to get up, and since he was out making sure everything was going well, he had to send over plan B.

"Bitch you must think I'm playing with you?" Zara pulled the covers off of Siraj without a care in the world of her being butt-ass naked.