28

Exodus's head turned all the way to the side from the impact of Zara's hand, which had just backhanded him like no tomorrow

Exodus's head turned all the way to the side from the impact of Zara's hand, which had just backhanded him like no tomorrow. He could feel his lip split and the skin on his cheek sting, but he didn't react, clenching his jaw to subdue the pain.

"Aight. I deserved that." He nodded, moving his jaw around to make sure it was still working properly. She was heavy handed just like he was.

"You damn right you did and I should call Maj so he could beat yo' fucking ass. That's your girlfriend Exodus! Is you serious?! Bitch ouuu you better be lucky I know I can't beat yo' ass because if I had the balls, I would try." She fussed at him, pointing her finger in a scolding manner.

"Zara I didn't mean to d-,"

"It doesn't matter! You can't just 'not mean' to do it to her when you know damn well you 6'6 and almost 300 pounds of muscle! What did you expect to happen? Bitch you twice her fucking size!" Zara had tried hard to not put her hands on him because she knew if she did it again, he would grab her up and she didn't have time to get secondhand embarrassment from herself.

"Bruh you should've seen them. You would've been mad too if you was me. I wasn't even thinking man I'm tryna tell you that and you not listening." He frustratedly ran his hand down his face, becoming more irritated by the minute.

"Exodus what the fuck does thinking have to do with anything? That's a girl. Your girl! The same girl who gave birth to your daughter and you gone push my bitch into a wall?! Bitch I should kick your ass." Her arms folded across her chest, a deep frown on her face.

"Yo I'm bouta' put you out 'cause you ain't doing nothing but telling me shit I already know." He pinched the bridge of his nose, not even sure when he invited her over in the first place.

Last night, Zara spent the night with Siraj, Essence, and Eriah after hearing the details of what happened from Emari. She was so upset she found out a whole day later, but Siraj didn't want to tell anyone because she was already embarrassed as it was.

Emari sent Zara the footage from his bedroom camera because she thought he was overreacting when he told her what Exodus had done. Her brother would never hurt Siraj, he loved her too much-or so she thought. That video feed proved otherwise.

As soon as she watched it she was on her way to his hotel room, getting his location from the Find My iPhone app. The way she sped down that highway you would've thought a gang of gorillas were chasing her. She was so pissed off, she didn't even care about the speeding ticket she got on the way over.

"Exodus watch the damn video before I send it to Semaj." She said for the third time, adding a threat to get him to do it. He was steadily avoiding the footage as if that would somehow undo what he'd already done.

Nobody had told Semaj yet because they all knew he would catch a charge and either him or Exodus-or both-would wound up dead or hurt. As badly as Zara and Emari both wanted that to happen as the consequences for what he'd done, Siraj pleaded against it.