20

Exodus used the side edge of his pointer finger to push ground up weed down onto the surface of his Honey Berry backwood, careful not to get it onto the paperwork he was supposed to be sorting through

At least he'd been doing it before rather than smoking first. Most of the paperwork had been signed and finished up, but all of the tiny letter were starting to make his brain hurt and he decided to give himself a smoke break.

He didn't smoke as often as he used to-which used to be almost every day back before he got with Siraj. She didn't like the smell of weed while it was being burned, so he'd cut back on it-especially recently, now that she was pregnant and really hated it.

While distancing himself from smoking, he'd learn that he had no real reason to do it. He didn't stress much, didn't have any sicknesses that needed marijuana healing, he didn't have sleep problems, nor did he have anxiety or things of that nature. He honestly didn't know what made him smoke weed or why he still did it.

Maybe it was out of pure boredom, or maybe it was because he just enjoyed the feeling of being high-the feeling of what seemed to be nothingness. Either way, he planned to completely quit it soon enough, but breaking a habit was definitely easier said than done.

Snapping him out of his thoughts, he looked down at his phone, seeing a message pop up on his notification bar from Siraj. He didn't bother to text back or even read the message for that matter, and instead clicked on her contact icon for FaceTime.

"Hey pumpkin." She appeared in the frame after the call finally connected after what seemed like forever.

"Wassup shorty? What my baby doing?" His voice was raspier than normal, and his eyes sat low; now reddish in color.

"She's fine. My mommy just came and brought me some ice cream because I been craving it all day."

"What flavor?"

"Nasty ass butter pecan. I ate damn near the whole pint though." She angled her camera downward to show the container she was eating out of, and he shook his head at her.

"All that dairy gon' have you constipated again. You don't never learn." He chuckled, relighting the end of his wood while it rested between his lips.

"It's okay. That's why I have you to suck the dookie out m-,"

"Alise I'ma hang up in yo' fucking face yo, stop saying shit like that." His mug returned as his expression, watching as she burst into a fit of laughter. She found herself quite comedic.

"You be so fake mad. If you eat ass anyway, might as well eat sh-," Exodus ended the call before she could finish, and he could only imagine her laughing her ass off on the other side of the phone.

He waited to see if she would call back, but she didn't, causing him to roll his eyes. When he dialed her back for FaceTime, she declined it, and that process repeated twice more before she finally picked up.