05

Siraj flipped over a piece of paper in the packet of forms she was filling out, using her black ballpoint pen to sign her name at the bottom of the last page

She'd just closed on a contract for close to a million dollars for a house that she'd refurbished after buying it for only $150,000. The amount of work she put into the property was a little less than $50,000, so she'd made almost eight hundred thousand dollars in profit.

That money wouldn't go directly to her bank account though, and would instead be going towards other things that contributed to her monthly income. It didn't bother her though because money was money, and all of it was hers.

"Thank you so much." The woman who she'd sold the property to, Alexis, took the two pairs of keys off of Siraj's desk.

"No, thank you. My assistant will be in contact with you soon to provide you with the numbers for our maintenance man, plumber, and electrician. And if you have any questions or concerns, you can call me directly." Siraj passed her two business cards, even though she'd already gave her four of them.

The biggest thing she had to learn while becoming an entrepreneur was that customers opinions really did matter. If you did bad business with them, they'd spread word fast and cause hell for you. Siraj learned that the hard way.

So now, she knew to establish personal bonds with the people who paid her bills. They were the reason she lived as good as she did, and common courtesy went a long way.

Siraj and Alexis talked for a few minutes longer before Alexis left to go finish moving into her new house, and Siraj stayed in her office to sort through her paperwork.

In the midst of her doing so, the doorbell to her office rung, and she granted whoever was on the other side of door permission to come inside.

"Special delivery, miss hiding her lover from her sister." Zara walked in with Siraj's assistant, Kaila, following right behind her with a large bouquet of red and pink roses.

"Oh my godddd," She smiled big, standing up from her seat to go look at the roses that were apparently for her. She'd only ever received roses from her father, Semaj, and Emari on special occasions.

Being gifted 'just because' roses made her heart happy.

"So bitch, who is baby since it ain't me?" Zara's arms folded across her chest, staring at Siraj, who laughed at her frown.

"Get you some business bookie." She snickered, reading over the card that Exodus had sent to her.

𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚢𝚘 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜, 𝚢𝚘 𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎... 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎
- 𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢

Siraj couldn't even deny the butterflies that filled her stomach. She hated how nervous he made her. Nobody had ever gotten this version of her, and she could admit to being scared that this might be too good to be true.