26

"Thank you so much

"Thank you so much." Siraj took two sets of key fobs from a white man dressed nicely in a suit, and passed him a fifty dollar bill as a tip. She tipped any delivery driver that came to their house because it was truly a hassle maneuvering through their neighborhood, plus she was grateful that they completed tasks she didn't feel like doing herself.

After closing the door, she shifted the way Essence laid on her chest, being propped up and secured by a black satin wrap that was tied against Siraj's body. It was a fave for both Essence and Siraj. Easy naps for the baby, and mommy could still get stuff done without having to worry about any unnecessary crying.

She waited a few seconds longer, and when she heard the tow truck pull off, she opened the front door back up and went outside to go look at the newest addition to their driveway.

There was a limited edition 2023 all black Cadillac Escalade parked in front of the house, and just the shiny exterior made Siraj regret not ordering one for herself. Trucks this big weren't her thing though.

On the exterior body, the Escalade was wrapped in 5% tints; dark, just how Exodus preferred. Four 22-inch silver rims propped up the truck, customized with the letter E on the middle of each tire. She knew his favorite part of this gift would be all the customized details that were added-which is why she added them.

The interior consisted of a jet black color and had Exodus's initials embroidered on the headrests. Everything on the dash was digital, including the gear shift. Siraj read the speedometer, seeing the car only had two miles on it with a full tank of gas. That meant Exodus was the first ever owner of this truck, which also meant Siraj had to drop a big bag on it.

She paid for it on her credit card; but paid the entire balance off instead of monthly payments. It upped her credit score 27 points when she paid the credit balance off, too, and she was now at 782 points. This purchase benefited her just as much as it did Exodus.

It was a token of her appreciation for everything that he did for her and their family. She knew this was nothing compared to all that he'd gifted her with in the past, present, and what was to come in the future, but it was a start.

He had been wanting this truck for a while now, but couldn't get it because the Cadillac Motor Car Division checked credit scores in order to verify buyer eligibility. They didn't care about how much money you had, nor if you had the funds to buy it in all cash.

Unfortunately for Exodus, he didn't have anything on his credit history because of the way he paid for everything in cash-which in turn made him ineligible to buy his dream truck. That was a part of the reason that he was opening up the new business with Siraj, and completed the build of their house; both would be the official start to him building his credit.

Siraj, on the other hand, had been building her credit since she was seventeen under her parents bank accounts. She now had her own credit company, and made it a priority to get Exodus's credit where it needed to be. Until then, she would use hers for whatever he liked.