Chapter 4

My Dad, Robert, was a successful businessman and we were well off. At least money wouldn't be a problem and keep me from doing what I was about to suggest, but I sure couldn't just suddenly start wearing girls clothes, not around here where all my friends knew me as a boy.

Not only that, even with his agreement to support me no matter what, I'm sure dad didn't want to see me trying girlhood out. He put on a brave, supportive face, but I could tell he was having a bit of a hard time with the fact that I was interested in finding out what it might be like if I chose to live as a girl.

I honestly think he had assumed I would immediately reject that idea altogether.

I finally talked to mom privately about what I wanted to do. She told me she supported my decision and was proud of me for considering both sides and would talk with dad about it that night.

The next morning over breakfast I asked Dad what he thought, if he was okay with it and would support me or not. I then calmly and rationally laid out all the reasons why I thought this was the best way to make an informed decision and why I thought it was even an idea worth exploring.

When I was done, Dad gave me all his reasons why he didn't think it was a good idea, including, everyone knowing me here, and the possibility of getting picked on and beat up worse than normal.

Surprisingly, none of his reasons had anything to do with things like, "because your a boy" or "my son's not going to become a sissy," like I had feared it might.

At this point, my Mom presented an idea, a rather brilliant idea.

"I've got it. I just figured out a solution, a way you can try it out and not have to do it where anyone outside of the family will know you. Just hear me out, Robert, before you say no. Why don't we call your sister Jillian and see if Carl could spend the summer with her and her daughter Kelli?"

I could tell dad didn't exactly like the idea but he didn't immediately tell her no. He looked over at her and she gave him a look. I don't know what all she had told him, but whatever that look was, that was all it took.

Dad exhaled in defeat and nodded.

"Okay," he murmured.

At first, I was unsure about the idea since I didn't really know my Aunt Jillian all that well, nor my cousin Kelli, but mom was able to convince me to at least let dad call her.

Moments later dad had dialed his sister and both he and Mom talked to her for quite some time. They explained everything I was going through, the decision I was now facing, and the idea of allowing me to experience life as a girl. A trial run to help me decide, mom called it.

Once they were done discussing it, I was handed the phone. Aunt Jill wanted to speak with me about my feelings in all of this. She also had cousin Kelli on the line.

Kelli is only eight months older than me and she showed quite a bit of interest in the prospect of getting to introduce a boy to all things feminine. She was excited and said she'd help me in any way she possibly could, but it was Aunt Jill who laid down the rules I'd have to agree to before she'd say yes.

One, I'd have to spend all my time, 24 hours a day/seven days a week, as a girl and they would have a say in what I wore.

Two, nothing masculine would be allowed; clothing, mannerisms, talk, ideas, behaviors, etc, and whatever she and Kelli said would go, they were going to teach me everything they possibly could about being a girl and I would be expected to learn and conform to it all.

Three, from this point forward, I was to start letting my hair and nails grow out and I had to start observing girls closer, studying how they act, walk, carry themselves, dress, etc.

Aunt Jill also suggested I get some teen girl's fashion magazines and start reading the articles, as well as regularly reading the articles and watching the videos that cousin Kelli would be sending me links to every day.

This all didn't seem too much to ask, and I thought it would really help, so I agreed. Aunt Jill and Dad then talked for a bit longer, making all the arrangements for dad to pay for whatever I would need.

So it was decided, I was going to spend the summer with Aunt Jill and my cousin Kelli, and for the entire time I would be living as a girl.

I was both excited and nervous. Excited because it was a new experience and I was about to learn something completely different from what I had grown up with. Nervous because I didn't know how people would react to me, and I was worried about messing up and doing something wrong.