Prologue

(Thank you so much for choosing my story! I hope you enjoy!)

—————————————————

Only a baby small, Dropped from the skies, Only a laughing face, Two sunny eyes; Only two cherry lips, One chubby nose; Only two little hands, Ten little toes. 

- Matthias Barr

No one's POV

It was a late night at the hospital when baby was born. The mother pushed and screamed as she gave birth. A cry finally broke through the room as the mother fell back in exhaustion smiling.

"Let me see her" the mother said tiredly reaching out her arms for her baby. The nurses laid the baby in her arms and the mother cooed at the baby. "Do you have a name for her?" The nurse asked the mother, the mother shook her head ashamed. "Thats alright, we'll just call her Baby Townsend for now."
The mother nodded all her focus on the babies pale face and black hair. "Hi Baby, im your mommy" the mother said shushing the crying baby.

After a few minutes they take the baby for testing as the mother rests.
When the testing is finished they take Baby to the nursery. Laying her in the bed as a nursery worker comes over smiling at her. "What's her name?" She asked the doctor. The doctor shakes her head "no name yet we'll just call her Baby Townsend for now" the nurse nods in understanding cooing at Baby.

None of them were aware of the man who just wondered into the hospital some how managing to sneak back to the nursery listening around the corner. The man waited for the doctor to leave before walking in. The nurse looks up from the baby startled seeing the man there. "Can I help you?" The man doesn't answer just looks around at the other babies in the room before looking at Baby.

The nurse becomes uncomfortable as she watches the man slowly reaching for her beeper on her waist to call security. The man's eyes snap to the nurse when he sees her moving watching with narrow eyes as he sees what she is doing.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" he says slowly in a deep voice making the nurse flinch looking at him afraid. He looks at the baby his face softening "what's her name?" He asks not looking at the nurse "s-she doesn't have one" the man nods reading the name written on her bed 'Baby Townsend' before looking back to the nurse.

He reaches back in his coat pulling out a gun pointing it at the nurse. The nurse gasps in fear, face white as tears roll down her cheeks. He nods to the closet in the room "get in" the nurses hesitates glancing at the man to the baby before turning and waking into the closet.

The man reaches out his hand and grabs her beeper off her pants before shutting the door and locking it. Turning he puts him gun back in his pants walking back to Baby smiling at her.

He reaches down and picks her up into his arms shushing her as she fusses. He wraps his hoodie around her before walking out of the nursery and out of the hospital.
—————————————————
(Thank you for reading!)
544 words