Chapter 11

If my heart could speak, it would say to you, "I will not let you go, I will hold you in my arms forever"
- Alexandra vasilui

If my heart could speak, it would say to you, "I will not let you go, I will hold you in my arms forever"- Alexandra vasilui

   I'm sitting in the church meeting room talking about the threat we received on Baby. I hold the paper in my hand that we received, along with the photos of Baby that came in the envelope.

I read over it again. 'I'm coming to take back what's mine; you will pay for what you've done.' I feel anger and protectiveness come over me as I think about who this could be.

It's obvious that the person who sent the threat is someone from Baby's past; now we just have to find out who so I can slowly kill them. I'm broken from my thoughts when I hear a loud scream of terror coming from outside.

I jump up and quickly run out of the meeting room as a gun feeling tells me who the person screaming is. I hear my brothers following as we run out of the club and into the backyard, guns drawn. When I get outside, I don't see anyone at first, but then I hear splashing, and my head snaps to the pool to see Baby struggling in the water.

"Baby!" I shout as I hand my brother my gun and run, jumping into the pool just as the sound of splashing stops, and I see Baby stop struggling and slowly sink to the bottom. I quickly grab her, swimming to the surface, and hand her to my brother, who is reaching to pull her out.

I pull myself out of the water and kneel next to Baby, where my brother laid her on the ground. I look at her, seeing her not breathing with her eyes shut. "Call Doc!" I shout as I begin to perform CPR on her.

I continue to do compression for a minute, and still nothing. "Come on, come on," I mutter before blowing air into her lungs. When I pull back, I quickly push her onto her side as she coughs up water. Once she finishes spitting water and starts taking in breaths, I pull her into my arms, hugging her in relief.

She starts to cry as she holds her knee, and I look down at it to see it bleeding badly with a deep gash in it. I pull my wet shirt off and hold on to her knee to help stop the bleeding. She winces, still crying, "It's ok, your ok." I mutter onto her head as I hold her in my arms tightly.

A minute later, Doc comes running outside, looking worried, with his bag in his hand. He runs over, kneeling next to her, and starts to check her out, listening to her lungs and checking her ribs before moving to her knee. My shirt has stopped the bleeding.

He pulls the shirt back, and the blood on her knee starts to leak out a lot again. He quickly pushes the shirt back, holding the blood in. "Let's take her to my office. This needs to be cleaned and stitched up. It's deep." He tells me as he stands, grabbing his bag.

I nod, standing up and lifting Baby up bridal style, carrying her into the clubhouse to Doc's office. I set her on the table, moving to stand by her head as Doc grabbed the stuff to fix her knee.

I hold her hand as he starts numbing her knee before cleaning it and stitching it up. "Where is he?" She asks me, looking at me with frightened eyes. I look down at her, confused. "Where's who?" I ask her.

"Master Connor," she whispers out with a trembling voice. I look at her, confused, glancing at Doc, who has stopped stitching her knee and is also looking at her with a concerned look.

"Who's Master Connor?" I ask, returning her gaze. I ask her, feeling protective. "Master's brother, he was here," she tells me. I hear Doc sucking in a sharp breath, calling Shadow.

"Is she okay?" he says as he answers, and I can hear the concern in his voice. "She's doing fine, but she said Mason's brother was here; scan the perimeter and report back to me," I tell him before hanging up to get back to Baby.

I walk back over to her and rub her hair back out of her face as Doc finishes wrapping her knee up so it stays clean. Once he finishes, I lift her up into my arms, letting her wrap her arms around my neck.

"Let's get you home and into dry clothes," I say to her, heading to the door and nodding to Doc in thanks. I carry her back to the apartment and into her room. I sit her down on her bed, not worrying about it getting wet, before I start pulling her shirt over her head.

I unhook her wet bra and throw it onto the floor next to her wet shirt. She blushes as I see her bare breast, causing me to smirk. I lean down, pecking her lips, before pulling back and taking the rest of her clothes off, leaving her naked.

"Don't move," I tell her before heading to the bathroom and grabbing a towel and blow dryer. I go back to her room to see her where I left her on the bed. I sit down behind her and start working on drying her wet hair.

"Okay," I tell her once I'm finished and her hair is dry. I go to change my wet clothes while she changes the wet sheets, putting on dry ones. Once I'm changed into dry clothes, I also head back to her to see her sitting on her bed, holding Millie to her chest.

I sit down next to her, letting her climb into my lap and hugging my arms around her with my head resting in her neck, just holding her.

"Tell me what happened," I demand of her, feeling her spine stiffen, causing me to press a kiss on her head. She sighs, leaning against me and relaxing again before she explains everything that happened.

I sit stiffly in anger, listening to her as she tells me what happened. I know he must be the one who sent the threat; it can't be a coincidence. Once she finishes telling me what happened, I finally speak, pushing my anger down.

"Don't worry, I won't let him hurt you again."

1802 words

1802 words