Chapter 1

I saw a nice little flower...
Enjoying herself in the nice warm fields...
The place felt fine, what a beautiful sight! !
Why didn't it come yesterday? !
But the joy didn't last long enough...what a pity!
'Cause the flower was plucked away! ! !
- unknown

what a pity! 'Cause the flower was plucked away! ! !- unknown

I awaken in bed the same way I always do. I look around at the brick walls with my drawings decorating them. jumping up in excitement when I hear the door opening, running over to it, and grabbing my drawing off the side table as I pass. I stand away from the door like I'm supposed to, waiting excitedly.

The door opens, and Master enters before closing the door behind him. I run up to him, wrapping my arms around his waist as he hugs me back. "Hi Baby," he says as we pull apart. I smile at him before handing him the drawing of me and him that I made.

He smiles at me. "Beautiful," he says, taking it and hanging it on the wall with the others. Then he leads me to the bed and sits down, pulling me into his lap. I look back at him, smiling, as he looks down at me, petting my head.

I play with his hands that are around my waist as we sit in silence. I finally broke the silence after a few minutes. "Will you tell me a story?" I ask, wanting him to tell me a story of the outside.

He smiles at me before shaking his head. "Not right now; maybe if you're a good girl today, I'll tell you one before bed." I nod, accepting it.

He pushes my long black hair off my shoulders before placing kisses on my neck. I blushed, squirming. "That tickles," I say with a giggle. He smiles against my neck before moving his face back. "Give me a kiss." I lean up and peck his lips.

He lifts me up and sets me beside him, clapping his hands together and making a loud noise that causes me to jump. He chuckles at me. "I have to go now, but I'll be back with your lunch soon," he says, standing and heading to the door.

I watch him go before getting up and going to play. I grab my doll, Millie, that I got for my tenth birthday and sit her next to me on the small rug.

I talk to her about the stories Master told me. We sit talking for hours before Master comes back with my lunch. He brings me what I always have for lunch: an apple, toasted bread, and a cup of water. Once I finish my lunch, he takes my tray and leaves again without saying anything.

I draw until it's dinner time, only stopping when I need to use the bathroom. Master comes back, sitting my dinner on the table. I sit down on the chair and eat my toasted bread with butter and three cheese cubes. He watches me silently till I finish before getting up, walking to me, and pulling me up from my chair. I get up and follow him as he leads me to my bed.

We sit down next to each other. "I have a treat for you," he says, reaching into his pocket. I bounced excitedly, smiling at him. He pulls out a small square covered in silver paper. He holds it out for me, and I grab it, confused. "What is it?" I ask him, studying it.

He takes it, pulling the paper off to reveal a brown thing. He holds it to my mouth, and I open it, taking a small bite. My eyes widen at the taste as I grab it from his hand, stuffing it in my mouth and humming. He smiles at me. "You like it?" I nodded my head fiercely, swallowing it before thanking him.

He nods before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the familiar bottle. I open my mouth, waiting as he puts two of my bedtime drops in my mouth and then hands me a bottle of water. I take it, drinking the drops down.

He gets up and grabs Millie off the rug, bringing her back to me. pulling the blanket back and then tucking it around me when I lay down, hugging Millie to my chest. I start to feel tired when I remember when he said he would tell me a story if I was good. "Story?" I ask him, hopeful. He smiles at me before nodding and telling me a story about his life on the outside.

He tells me all about the stores he went to and the animals he saw. I listen to the story intensely, soaking up every detail. "Will I ever go outside?" I ask as he finishes frowning as his face becomes dark. "No," he barks at me before his face goes back to normal. "You can't leave, or the bad men will get you." I nod, remembering what he told me about the bad men.

The bad men took over this town long ago, before I was born, and wanted to kill and control everyone, but he saved me. I love hearing about the outside. I wish I could see it. He finishes his story and kisses my head before heading to the door, as my eyes are almost closed.

"Goodnight, Baby," he says as he shuts the door, the lights going off, leaving me in a pitch-black room. "Goodnight, Master," I whisper back, even though he has already left.

 "Goodnight, Master," I whisper back, even though he has already left

915 words