Chapter 18

" She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express,
How pure, how dear their dwelling-place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!"
- Lord Byron

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow, So soft, so calm, yet eloquent, The smiles that win, the tints that glow, But tell of days in goodness spent, A mind at peace with all below, A heart whose love is innocent!"- Lord Byron

   The drive home was faster than I would have liked. I enjoy riding with Aries; feeling the wind hitting me and having my arms around him as the bike vibrates below us is an amazing feeling. Aries climbs off his bike before helping me off. After I'm situated, we head into the clubhouse.

Walking in, I immediately hear what sounds like yelling coming from the bar. My brows furrow as we walk towards it, hand in hand. We walk into the bar, seeing a bunch of men in it. They all clear a path as Aries walks by them, letting him go to the front, where the chaos is. I gasped at the sight of a girl laying naked and beaten on the ground.

Shadow turns when he hears my gasp. I stare at the lady in shock as Shadow addresses Aries. "She's one of our club girls who hangs around here," he tells Aries in a gruff voice. Aries nods while staring at her. "Did you see how she got here?" He asks Shadow, causing him to shake his head in response. Aries waves his hand before turning and pulling me away from the site.

"Do you think he did this?" I ask in fear, referring to Master's brother. Aries doesn't answer right away, leading me out of the room and to the lounge. "I have to go to church," he tells me, sitting me down on the couch, but before he can walk away, I grab his hand, causing him to turn back to me, looking at me with a frown.

"Do you think it was him?" I ask again in fear. He sighs before sitting next to me and tugging me into straddling his lap. He plays with a strand of my hair, twisting it around his finger while his other hand squeezes my thigh. "We can't know for sure, but it's very likely," he says, looking at my scared face with soft eyes standing out in his gruff face.

I swallow as my mouth goes dry from fear. "I'm not going to let him hurt you; I promised, remember?" He says this to me, stroking my cheek with his thumb. I nod. "I have to go talk to the guys now," he says, picking me up and setting me back onto the couch beside him. Just as a man walks into the lounge, he walks over to us, sitting down beside us.

Aries nods to him, and the man nods back. "This is Bullet; he'll watch you while I'm gone," he says before kissing me and walking towards the meeting room. I look over at the man next to me, and he smiles at me in a friendly way. "I-I'm baby," I introduce myself, holding out my hand to him. He smirked, shaking my hand.

"Of course I know who you are; everyone is talking about you around here." I smile at him shyly, looking at his tattoos. When I see a familiar one, my brows furrow as I look at it, trying to pinpoint where I've seen it. When he notices me looking at it, he quickly pulls his sleeve down to cover it up again, looking at me with a scary look on his face, but before I can blink, his face goes back to being friendly.

     "How about a movie?" He asked, grabbing the remote from the side table. I nod, shaking off what just happened, and turn my attention to the TV as a show comes on. We watch the TV in silence for about an hour before Aries comes back out with an angry look that softens when he looks at me.

I get up, walk over to him quickly, and wrap my arms around his waist, hugging him. I feel the tension leave his body as he hugs me back. He nods to Bullet again before leading me out and back to the apartment, holding the door open for me.

We walk into the apartment and ask, "What should we have for dinner?" Aries asks me as we walk into the kitchen. I sit down on the bar stool as Aries opens the fridge, looking inside. "I don't know," I say, unsure as I stare at his back. He huffs before closing the fridge door. "We need to go grocery shopping," he says, coming over to me. "How about we go out to eat?" He suggests.

My eyes widen in excitement when he says, "Like a date?" I exclaimed in excitement, remembering seeing this on TV. Aries smiles at me before nodding. "Yup, just like a date," I squeal, jumping up from my seat and throwing my arms around his neck in excitement. "Thank you," I say, letting him go.

He smiles, nodding. "Go get ready," he says, patting my bottom. I nod practically, running toward my room, hearing Aries chuckle from behind me. I run into my room and my closet quickly, looking at all the clothes that Aries and the girls bought me. I decided on the red dress that Molly gave me and pulled it out of my closet, along with some black heels that Molly also gave me.

I get a quick shower before doing my hair and getting dressed. I walk out of my room and back to the living room, where Aries stands on his phone, his face set on a scowl, until he looks up and sees me. He smiles at me as he walks over and grabs my hand, spinning me around slowly while humming. "You look beautiful," he says when I face him again, leaning down to kiss me.

I pull back as the kiss starts to get intense. Aries tries to pull me back in, but I stop him, putting my hand on his chest and pushing him away. "We have to go," I tell him, still excited about the date. He frowns at me before nodding and grabbing his keys. He grabs my hand before leading me out the door.

 He grabs my hand before leading me out the door

1126 words