Chapter 2

We come to the world alone, we leave the world alone, so it's better to be alone.
- unknown

I sit at the bar with my brothers, sipping my beer, trying to drown out all of the noise

I sit at the bar with my brothers, sipping my beer, trying to drown out all of the noise. The club has parties every weekend; all the brothers come to them. It's the only time I allow club sluts to spend the night. Club sluts are girls who want to fuck with the brothers and have a good time.

Some of them come thinking they will be chosen to become old ladies' by one of the Lone Reapers. Behind me, I can hear moaning as some of my brothers fool around with one of the girls on the couch.

"Hey, prez," Shadow My VP says, coming over and sitting next to me, waving one of the prospects that is bartending over, "Hey." I return, chugging my beer. The prospect brings Shadow a drink before leaving to help another member across the bar. "Why aren't you with a girl?" He asks me, but I just shake my head. He knows I rarely fool around with the club sluts.

He nods in understanding before downing his whole drink. "Prez!" I hear shouts from behind me. I turn around towards the steps that lead up to the rooms to see Whiz standing there. It goes quiet, the music turning off as I nod to him, and he walks to me quickly. "I got him," he says once he's closer.

My jaw clenches as I immediately know who he is talking about. Mason Divilo was our rival; he stole one of our gun shipments, then went into hiding. With a stiff nod, I stand up. "Church now!" I shout as I head to the meeting room. The inner club brothers quickly flow into the meeting room, taking their seats at the table.

I nod to Whiz, signaling for him to talk. "I found Mason Divilo's location," he says, and everyone is quiet for a moment as you feel the anger in the room rise. Finally, Hero, our club enforcer, breaks the silence. "So what the fuck are we still doing here? Let's go get him," he says, and everyone nods in agreement. I nod and ask Whiz for the location before we prepare to head out.

******************************************

We arrive at the location Whiz gave us, which appears to be a small house. I nod towards the back of the house. "Surround the house; we don't want him getting away." I watch as six of my men disappear before heading in with the other four of my men. We walk in with our guns drawn, surveying the area.

It looks like he's been living here a while. There is a small kitchen in one corner, with a small round table sitting in the middle. Across from that is a living room with only a small couch and TV. We head down the only hallway where there are three doors. I'm about to send my men in one when I hear a noise through the door across from it.

I nod my head towards that door, and we head to it, listening. I quickly kick the door open with my gun raised, and my men follow. I point my gun when I see him sitting on a bed. He jumps, looking at us in fear. "So this is where you've been hiding all this time," I say, nodding to my brother to restrain him so we can take him back to the club house.

But before he can, Mason runs at me, trying to attack me. He doesn't get to reach me as my gun goes off, shooting him in the head and killing him instantly. I swear loudly in anger before walking out and heading to search the other rooms.

I check the first one only to find a bathroom, then head to the next one. When I try to open the door, I find it locked. Instead of going to look for the key, I back up and kick the door, knocking it open. I look in to find steps going down to another door. "Follow me," I say over my shoulder as I walk down. When we reach the other door, we find this one has a regular lock.

I twist the lock before pulling the door open and walking in. I'm shocked to see what looks like a child's room. The only thing that tells me it isn't is the size of the bed. "What the fuck?" I hear Hero say from behind me as we walk around the room, looking at the items placed around.

Moving towards the rug, I lean over and pick up the doll laying there. When I hear a whimper coming from under the bed, I turn around sharply. I slowly walk towards the bed. I lift the bed up to look under it, and my brothers come over to have a look also. I am even more shocked when I see a small woman with long black hair.

My face softens as I take in the sight in front of me. Crouching down, I see the women peeking up at me with big, blue-frightened eyes. Her eyes flicker between me and the doll in my hand. I slowly hold out the doll, trying to hand it to her. She flinches back, her eyes squeezing shut in fear.

I look back at my brothers to see them looking just as shocked as me. I turn my gaze back to the girl, speaking to her in a soft voice so as not to scare her. "It's okay, sweetheart; we're not going to hurt you," I reassured her. Before I can blink, she is up and running for the door. Hero grabs her just before she can reach it.

As soon as he touches her, she begins screaming loudly, shocking me. He shushes her, trying to calm her down, as she continues to scream, trying to push away from him. I quickly walked over with her doll. She immediately stops screaming, goes still, and looks at me, then the doll, wide-eyed.

I hold it out, and she quickly snatches it, hugging it to her naked chest. Then she stands still, just watching me with fearful curiosity.

1048 words