Chapter 12

Authors note:
(Thank you guys so much for helping me reach a thousand reads!)

Her beauty is sustenance. Like a dark magnet, it draws monsters from their dens. They follow her home and scratch at her door until she brings them inside and kill/clean/eats them.
- unknown

Slight smut in this chapter

Over the next few weeks, Aries has been very overprotective of me

Over the next few weeks, Aries has been very overprotective of me. He doesn't let me go out of the apartment without a guard, and when I'm in the apartment, the guard stands outside the door.

He has also been very distant, leaving very early in the morning and not coming back till late at night after I'm asleep. He has people bring me food and give him reports about me. We haven't heard anything from Master Connor since the pool incident, and it is causing Aries to be even more tense.

We haven't been intimate since the first time, and at night I find myself becoming very frustrated, so I've come up with a plan I saw on TV. I spend the day watching TV and thinking about my plan until night comes. I shower, then put on the pretty matching pair of pink panties and bra with the tying ribbons.

After I put it on, I lay in bed nervously till I heard Aries come in the front door. I hear him go into his room, waiting a little longer before getting up and putting on my black silky robe. I walk to his room, lightly knocking. "Aries, can I come in?" I ask, waiting for him to answer.

"Yeah, come in." I hear his grumpy voice answer. I open the door and walk in to see him sitting on his bed. I walk over until I'm standing in front of him. "What is it?" He asks without looking at me. I huff in frustration before reaching down and opening my robe, letting it fall off my shoulders onto the ground.

I hear him take in a sharp breath as I climb into his lap, straddling him and kissing his neck. He grips my waist, making a grunting sound as I continue to suck his neck. "Baby," he says in a deep, gruff voice.

I moan, moving my hips back and forth and grinding against his hardness. "Baby, stop it," he demands, grabbing my hips tighter and stopping my movements. I pull back from kissing his neck as tears run down my cheeks.

His face immediately softens upon seeing my tears, and he pulls me in close, hugging me and cooing at me as I cry. I hiccup as my cries start to slow. "Why don't you like me anymore?" I ask him, sniffling.

He coos at me, rubbing my back and kissing my head. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way. I still like you very much." He reassured me while wiping the tears off my cheeks with his hands. "Then why don't you want to see me anymore or be with me?" I ask him hesitantly.

He lets out a breath before answering, "I was trying to protect you." I think about what he says for a minute: "How does not seeing me protect me?" I ask him, confused. He nods, agreeing. "You're right, I've been stupid," he tells me, causing me to giggle as I nod in agreement.